Menu

Share your favorite dinner recipe!

Here's mine:

Bowties in a Sausage Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

1 pkg. Bowtie pasta

2 tbsp. Olive oil

3 links mild Italian sausage

½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)

1 onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 (14 oz.) cans diced Italian-style tomatoes

1 ½ c. heavy cream

Shredded mozzarella to taste

In large pot, bring water, a small amount of oil, and salt to a boil. Add noodles, stirring gently. Boil for 8 minutes, or until noodles reach desired consistency. Drain and set aside.

Remove the Italian sausage from the casings and crumble it. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and red pepper flakes to the saucepan and cook completely. Stir in the onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is tender. Add the tomatoes and cream. Simmer until sauce thickens, approximately 10 minutes. Stir cooked pasta into the sauce and heat through. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top and serve.

Sticky Chicken - in the dutch oven (or crockpot)

chicken legs and thighs

1 jar apple jelly

1 bottle french catalina dressing

1 pkg. powdered onion soup

Put chick in dutch oven or crock pot. Mix up other ingrediants and pour over chicken. Cook. Serve with rice. Die Happy!

Sticky Chicken - in the dutch oven (or crockpot)

chicken legs and thighs

1 jar apple jelly

1 bottle french catalina dressing

1 pkg. powdered onion soup

Put chick in dutch oven or crock pot. Mix up other ingrediants and pour over chicken. Cook. Serve with rice. Die Happy!

This sounds interesting! I have a pkg of chicken legs...I'll have to try it!

Mine is for the crockpot, too! I start with a frozen chuck roast. The only downside is there's nothing healthy about the ingredients!

Put the frozen roast in the crockpot and season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then pour in

1 packet of brown gravy mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 cup of Coke (not a can, a cup)

I have no idea how long this actually takes to cook on low. I start it after breakfast (around 8) and it starts smelling wonderful long before dinner time (which is at 7 pm here). For some reason brown gravy mix, cream soup, and Coke make a delicious gravy! You can add carrots and peeled potatoes halfway through cooking.

Another 'roast in the crockpot meal' :)

Chuck Roast

20 cloves of garlic

Can of Diced Tomatoes

Sear roast in frying pan (all sides) put in crock pot, add 20+ cloves of garlic, and 1-2 cans of diced tomatos. You can also add salt, pepper & oregano but I wait closer to the end to let flavors develop. Cook for 5-7 hours, shred beef and serve over rice. The garlic is just incredible!!!

Hands down the easiest, 'everyone loves it' recipe I can think of off hand. :)

Fajitas!

Marinate chx or flank steak with Penzey's fajita seasoning. Cook in heavy skillet over medium high. Then do the onions and peppers. Serve with all the fixins' - for us that means fresh guacamole and salsa, good ww tortillas and lots of sour cream!

You should try it! We always get huge compliments on it.

I think it's now on our list to try. I do have one question though.

3 links mild Italian sausage

What would this be in terms of weight? We generally buy our Italian sausage in bulk form.

Regards,

Kareni

Alton Brown's Skirt Steak Fajitas http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/skirt-steak-recipe/index.html

I serve it with roasted bell peppers and onions, pico de gallo and other fajita fixings.

BBQ pulled pork in crock pot. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dinner-impossible/bbq-pulled-pork-sandwiches-recipe/index.html

Rachel Ray's Parmesan crusted chicken and roasted potatoes http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/parmesan-crusted-chicken-breasts-with-tomato-and-basil-and-potatoes-with-peppers-and-onions-recipe/index.html

Funny. Our best recipes are all from Food Network.

I kind of hesitate to post this on this board, as it is about as far from healthy as you can get. It is my husband's favorite meal. :D

We just call this Skillet because I make it in a 12" iron skillet. I need to think up a better name. :)

LARGE cookie sheet of potatoes sliced 1/8-1/4" thick with their skins

1/2 bag frozen BREADED okra

1 lb. frozen cut green beans (you can thaw if you like)

8 oz. - 10 oz. frozen cut carrots (you can thaw if you like)

1- 1 1/2 1bs. of ham cubed

1- 1 1/2 lbs. of smoked sausage or kielbasa (DH likes smoked sausage, I like kielbasa) cut into 1/4 slices

paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper

1/3-1/2 cup canola oil

canola oil for potatoes

canola oil for okra

Pam

Potatoes- Put a good layer of canola oil on the bottom of a cookie sheet. You don't want the potatoes to swim in it, but don't be too stingy with it. Spray tops with Pam. (You are basically making fried potatoes- only in the oven. :)) Sprinkle lightly with paprika, salt, & pepper. (Go VERY easy on the salt as the ham and smoked sausage make this a very salty meal.) Bake in 425 degree oven until tops begin to brown 35-45 min. Some will stick, just pry them up with your spatula. Drain on a paper towel.

Breaded okra- Fry in canola oil until lightly browned. Drain on paper towel. Salt (but go easy on it).

The rest- (I use a large cast iron skillet for this.) Lightly brown ham and sausage in 1/3-1/2 cup of canola oil. (If you start with 1/3 cup you may have to add some later.) Add green beans and carrots. Add paprika, garlic powder, and pepper to taste. (No salt needed here.) Cook vegetables till almost tender. Add potatoes and cook just a little longer. Add okra just before serving.

Red beans and rice. Soak some red beans overnight. Drain. Put in slow cooker with enough water to cover. Turn on high. Sauté some diced peameal (or other really meaty bacon) with diced onion, celery and green pepper until the bacon is moderately crisp. Add everything to slow cooker along with a can of tomato paste, a fat lot of freshly cracked black pepper, and a couple of big pinches of oregano. After beans are soft, add salt to taste.

Serve this over hot cooked rice and pass the Tabasco around.