Menu

Latin

collinsmom1

I am looking at my option for Latin, and could use some experienced moms imput. My DS will be starting 3rd grade this fall, he is a very good reader and has been taking spanish since preschool.

It needs to not be to time consuming as 3 days a week I will be caring for a 3 year old and a new born.

Would love advice and suggestions!:bigear:

Latin for Children A worked well with my boys. My daughter will be starting Latin with it in the fall. We've done it with Veritas Press online, and the boys were able to do it independently. (Though I've been doing the translations with them because I want them to develop good habits.)

I know some families have successfully done LfC using the videos.

Latin for Children A worked well with my boys. My daughter will be starting Latin with it in the fall. We've done it with Veritas Press online, and the boys were able to do it independently. (Though I've been doing the translations with them because I want them to develop good habits.)

I know some families have successfully done LfC using the videos.

:iagree: Our family used LFC and it worked well for us. We use the videos.

I like Lively Latin for this age. If you need to cut back on the total time, you could skip the history lessons and just do the language study. The first level should get you 1-2 years' worth of elementary Latin work.

:iagree: Another vote for LL.