Menu

The male mid-life crisis. I'm looking at guys in kilts/Dh is drooling over Porsches!

Oh yes, he's staring at every significantly used Porsche Boxster he can find on craigslist, ebay, motor trend, etc. Thank the good Lord in heaven that we don't have the money in the checkbook for him to go hog wild and the savings is not readily accessible at the present.

To make him happy, I put a bid in on an ebay for $1200.00 though the car is likely to pull $12,000-13,000.00 - oh please, oh please, oh please don't let me win the bid by some sort of freak of nature kind of thing! (It is a No Reserve auction.)

So, I told him that this was the deal....just like Colin Firth in bubble bath and Patrick Dempsey in a mini-kilt, they are for admiring only! No touchy! He may drool over the pics, he may not touch!

We seriously need to go to bed.

Faith

Lol, dh seems to have come through that stage.

He changed careers. He bought a red sports car (cheap), and a Harley Davidson (which he still has). He bought a Mercedes recently too- one of his poorer buys actually, since it is a lovely looking piece of junk, but that is for sale now.

We survived- lucky he is a bargain hunter and good with money- he usually makes a profit when he eventually resells.

Its my turn now.

This is how we ended up with a really, really old, pretty much held together with bondo BMW. I think it cost $1200. DH loves that car. He is crazy.

It looks terrible, and no one can drive it but him. He has the trunk and back seat so full of car fix up and repair supplies that he has trouble fitting anyone else into it. Never mind two others. The hinge on the driver side door has no spring, so it just flops open and closed. There is something funny about the locks that I don't want to know. Ditto some belt thingie. And I vaguely recall some significant question that will hit our wallets the next time we have to smog it...

On weekends he goes outside and buffs little sections of it. But not the bondo part, as that is unshinable, because it's bondo.

He's been telling everyone that he only got it so he can fix it up so our DD will have an inexpensive but very safe car to drive, but he has a vanity license plate on it that includes his own first name. Right, honey, we all know that you only want this for your DD. Definitely!

:lol:

Oh yes, he's staring at every significantly used Porsche Boxster he can find on craigslist, ebay, motor trend, etc. Thank the good Lord in heaven that we don't have the money in the checkbook for him to go hog wild and the savings is not readily accessible at the present.

Porsche 911 is what I would be looking at. :D But truth be told, I am more of a Jeep kinda gal.

I bought DH a 11K new BMW motorcycle for his 40th b'day (7years ago). I tell everyone it was cheaper than a 20 year old blonde...

The ironic thing(s) is that he has been so busy, it still only has less than 10k miles on it, and he likes brunettes. LOL

Asta

I bought DH a 11K new BMW motorcycle for his 40th b'day (7years ago). I tell everyone it was cheaper than a 20 year old blonde...

The ironic thing(s) is that he has been so busy, it still only has less than 10k miles on it, and he likes brunettes. LOL

Asta

:lol::lol:

I'd be really thankful that it's not the opposite.:)

:smilielol5::smilielol5: