Menu

$8 Glasses - Anyone ordered from Zenni Optical?

My daughter has a pair of glasses from Zenni. I heard about it from Clark Howard's radio program and we decided it was worth it to try it. She only needed a backup pair of glasses because she wears contacts. We didn't get the cheapest frame and I think the grand total was $32.00 including shipping/handling. Hers were just basic glasses for near-sightedness: no bifocals or anything else but we've been very happy with them.

I'm thinking of ordering a pair for me, which would be bifocals, just to see how they turn out. We placed the order on a Saturday and I think we received them the next Friday or Saturday which was faster than the two weeks they had indicated.

I think they'd be fine to try for single correction lenses (near-sighted or far-sighted, and possibly astigmatism). From the reviews I read, I definitely would not try them for the graduated lenses I have (graduated bifocals). From what I read, it's impossible to get a refund from them if the glasses don't work, so I would stick with the simple prescriptions.

Can anyone share their experience with Zenni Optical? I recently learned of this company, which sells $8 prescription glasses with $5 shipping. Glasses for $13 seems too good to be true! I don't know anyone personally who has made a purchase from them. The online reviews I've read have been mixed.

I haven't used them myself, but I plan to next time we need glasses. There are a couple of families I know very well who get their glasses through Zenni. They have all been very happy with the glasses, prescription accuracy and service.

I found out that I have an astigmatism. I am only to use them at night and I didn't think spending $120 for a pair was worth my very small prescription.

I came home and ordered a pair for $17 which included shipping.

They have helped a great deal with my headaches.

I would/will not order from them for my son though. He has a lot STRONGER prescription and I am afraid to get anything except from the Dr.

I had read reviews on them, that some took the lens they received to a place that examined them and they were not the right prescription...I only read a few negative reviews.

I've worn my Zenni Optical glasses for almost two years already. No problems. I have pretty strong near-sightedness.

There's a huge eyewear store in my doctor's office and I had the gals advise me. I wrote down the number on the side of the eyepiece that said how wide the glasses were. Then that's what I ordered from Zenni. Since I couldn't envision just exactly what kind of rectangle shape the glasses that looked best had, I ordered two pair. I haven't even bothered with my second choice. But I saved enough to make it all worthwhile. The glasses came very quickly.

I will buy from them again.

So, has anyone tried this company for progressive bifocals?

i tried to make Zenni work for me but my eyesight is really bad and the progressives just didn't cut it. as a customer service experience they were very good and i'd recommend them for single vision glasses. another low price site specifies that if your eyes are 4+, it need to be a special order so i think that the higher powers are tricky. i wound up going to Costco. even with Costco's price and mucking around with Zenni, i still spent less than i did on a pair of glasses 5 years ago.

btw, i did order from Zenni a pair of single vision glasses just for reading ($8) and computer work; those are working out fine. a veteran eyeglass wearer with single vision needs would probably find Zenni a great steal.:001_smile:

about 4 years. Both my girls have glasses from them and have for 2 years, I have the cheapy reading glasses from them because I tried to buy reading glasses off the shelves and the 1.00 power was way to strong. I order .50 from Zenni and they are perfect and at $8.00 a steal. My dh has ordered 3 pairs of the titanium frame, no line bifocals and all have been fine. We have always been pleased.