Menu

Does Peace Hill Press get more profit from books sold directly than all other places?

:grouphug:

Right, but that was from Amazon.

I was wanting to make sure that it was the same with RR or other small booksellers that aren't as big as Amazon.

PHP has to sell them at full price. RR does not AND probably doesn't sell as many as Amazon. So, it stands to reason that they make the most when we buy directly from PHP.

I didn't even think of this!! :( Well I am buying my WWE PDF this weekend from them, but I already have everything else I need...

ETA: Except the SOTW Activity PDF's, which I buy as the years go. I'll be buying my next one at the end of August.

I didn't even think of this!! :( Well I am buying my WWE PDF this weekend from them, but I already have everything else I need...

ETA: Except the SOTW Activity PDF's, which I buy as the years go. I'll be buying my next one at the end of August.

:grouphug:

PHP is still making money no matter where you bought from!

Still, it is good to know for future reference for small companies you especially like, it generally brings them in more profit if you buy directly from them.

When PHP and other publishers sell to retailers, they are doing so at a discounted price, usually 30-35% off. Retailers then sell the books at the regular price and the retailers' profit is the difference, which really isn't all that much if you include tax and shipping. So yes, PHP makes more money when buy from them directly.