Menu

My dear friend with an autistic child asked me to post this

"Five for Fighting, is generously donating $0.40 to Autism Speaks for *each time* the video is viewed. The funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment, please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family.It is a great but sad video." her email

Here is the video.

This is a beautiful video. I hope they are successful in trying to get insurance to pay for therapy. Medical therapy should be covered by insurance, but that is only part of the problem.

The other part are the outrageous charges by the therapists. My dd is currently having physical therapy every two weeks because it is all we can afford. Our insurance does partially cover the cost. BUT, it costs over $250 for one session. That is absolutely insane! Of course the same is true for many doctor's. Why on earth does it cost $350 for me to go into the pediatric gastroenterologist office to have my child weighed and talk to them for 15 minutes (literally); nothing else. Why did the anesthesiologist charge $600 for a single shot local painkiller for a 15 minute procedure? The charges for medical procedures are more of a problem than the insurance. Insurance would most likely cover more if the charges weren't so high.

Sorry to highjack your thread for my rant. I've just been so burned by the medical community lately that I am a little more than steamed.:(

Sorry to highjack your thread for my rant. I've just been so burned by the medical community lately that I am a little more than steamed.:(

No problem, not even a hijack because you bring up things that need to be addressed as part of the whole awareness of Autism and what people go through.

The video was sweet and touching! I cannot even imagine what it would be like to have an autistic child. It truly must be very difficult and challenging.

It's awesome that he's doing this! He does sooo many great things for wounded troops! :)

It makes me want to buy more of his music!