Menu

I need yummy breakfast ideas for our Mom's Retreat.

As a group we can make... our way to IHOP. :)

Seriously, are they going to WANT to cook? Cooking means dishes. You might do it a bit different and have them prep the night before, as a group, things that can just be popped in the oven for an easy breakfast. There are breakfast recipes (baked french toast, egg/sausage casserole, etc.) that are like that. That way they just get up, drink their coffee or tea, and it's good to go. And I'd make some fruit salad the night before and granola/yogurt parfaits for the people who are dieting.

How do you mean "make together"? At my church's women's retreat, the lady in charge of meals made crepes at home and then a few other women brought stuff to go in them - yogurt, fruit, granola? - and everyone designed their own crepe.

Do you want everyone in the kitchen at once? How many women and how big is the kitchen?

I'd do a stuffed baked French toast dish and then an egg/potato/sausage type breakfast casserole. People could choose one or the other or both!

Here is one recipe for the French toast; I'd do it without chocolate chips and have regular syrup and a pureed berry sauce plus whipped cream (or creme fraiche) for toppings! IF you have someone who wants to do it, that is! LOL

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/stuffed-french-toast-recipe/index.html