Menu

If you have a desk for homeschooling, how often do you have to clean it out?

I don't know if it's just me, but my desk seems to accumulate everything!! And the drawers start out all nice and neat and organized, but before I know it :glare: Yeah... then it takes me HOURS to get it all back situated, nice and neat, everything gone through- thrown away and reput!! If I attempt it *while* the kids are up, it's ALL day project with all the start and stop :banghead:

PLEASE tell me I am NOT the only one....

Take this for what it is worth, you may not want to compare youself to me as I am a clssic underacheiver when it comes to order.....I do mine about three times a year; Christmas, the fall and the spring. I occassionally get it back to working order other times of the year but it is never as thorough a job.

Mine's so full right now that I cannot do anything at it so I do school on the couch with all three of my kids. To be fair to me....my five year old has been using it as well and it is (mostly) his stuff making the clutter. Yeah. Let's say that.

My DD has her desk and she keeps all her books and papers and reference books there. I am the one who has to clean and clear it off., She erases a lot and does not clean the eraser stuff off the top of it.

My desk I use for my stuff I clean off and organize and then the next week it is the same, I really need to get rid of stuff. my DD tells me he does not see how I find anything. I usually do not.:001_smile::001_smile:

:lol: I don't have a desk specifically for homeschooling! Wouldn't that just be a luxury!!! Our one desk is also the computer desk, and seems to serve as a dumping ground for anything related to me that no-one (including myself) knows what to do with. Great view when guests walk in! :D

It's actually one of the reasons why I started looking into minimalism - 'cause I just hate how the junk piles up on this desk!

So - the actual cleaning up of it has tended to be few and far between; usually when I can't see the monitor screen any more. But hopefully it won't always be like this!

I'm a clean freak. We have a homeschooling table and it always looks like a tornado threw up on it. I *try* to organize it everyday, but it only achieves real neatness about once or twice a month.

Feel better? Not even the clean freak mom can keep up.

Oh my gosh, I am SOOO relieved to read this! I am the exact same way--normally neat and organized--but my desk is the place where people put things. By people, I mean everyone in my family that has a something or other that they don't know what to do with. Can you say incredibly annoying? :glare:

Years and years ago, on the old board, there was a neato little thread started, I think, by Jean, who asked us all to post a picture of our desks, in their current state, no cleaning up allowed. At that time, I did not have a desk, so I couldn't participate, but it was nifty to see that many of us have... um... piles. And piles and piles. ;)