Menu

New website for reviewing homeschool curricula

It's very empty. It looks mostly like a lure for advertising dollars.

I don't think it's that at all. From my understanding she's a homeschooling mom trying to put a site together that includes links to as many publishers as possible.

For example, when someone wants to know what is available for middle school science they can go check out that website and find links to the different curricula.

I don't think it's that at all. From my understanding she's a homeschooling mom trying to put a site together that includes links to as many publishers as possible.

For example, when someone wants to know what is available for middle school science they can go check out that website and find links to the different curricula.

I don't see how to contact "her". An "about us" might go a long way. And someone should tell her about MM. :)

I just wrote my 5 reviews. I hope people will leave reviews...I rely on what other moms say about the different programs.

:iagree::iagree: I'm hoping people who've seen more than one curriculum will wade in with comparisons. Right now, I scan people's curriculum sigs and if they seem to "like" or use what I use, I check out the other things they list.:001_smile:

Search on the K8 board for many pros and cons of MM.

My favorite pro is still waving it around threateningly!!

My daughter finally is doing division on her own, I did not even have to buy the MM division, I just threatened to. Much cheaper and just as effective!

I did buy and wave around regrouping last year.

My favorite pro is still waving it around threateningly!!

My daughter finally is doing division on her own, I did not even have to buy the MM division, I just threatened to. Much cheaper and just as effective!

I did buy and wave around regrouping last year.

Did you learn this from me? I posted this last December. I do use the Division 2 for some drill work, but the two others I have I've just had to wave about. Kiddo says "NOT ANOTHER MATH BOOK" and buckles down and does his SM with more attention to detail. :)

Did you learn this from me? I posted this last December. I do use the Division 2 for some drill work, but the two others I have I've just had to wave about. Kiddo says "NOT ANOTHER MATH BOOK" and buckles down and does his SM with more attention to detail. :)

I thought it was you, but wasn't sure!

I was doing it already and found it funny that you were, too!!

My daughter hates the layout of MM and is similar to your son, she tries harder and is more motivated to try again with Singapore if I threaten MM.

My son, on the other hand, loves math and would love to do 2 or 3 math books a day. He doesn't need extra practice, but I bought the book just to satisfy his math desires, it has a lot of pages he can do on his own. (He is not reading well enough to read his math book.)

The site looks fine and all and I've bookmarked it for future reference.

How is this new site different than homeschool reviews?

http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/

I also love this one.

But I have to be honest and say that right here on these boards is my absolute favorite way of learning about curriculum and reading everyone's reviews. I like to "see" people, people whom I feel that I know online. I'm visual and avatars help me remember who everyone is, etc. Homeschoolreviews.com - although very helpful - the layout is plain out yuck. I'm all about layout, presentation, and ease of use.