Menu

How many of the people whose dhs travel spend hours waiting on a call saying . . .

that dh is finally leaving now. My dh's flight is delayed every single time. He spends hours in airports and I spend hours by the phone waiting for him to actually take off so that I know when to come to the airport to pick him up. It's not so bad for me the day he takes off but the day he comes home is a waste. Of course it is bad for him every time. We do get a lot of reading time though.

Last Friday my dh was scheduled to leave Dallas at 5pm and to arrive in Houston at 6pm. His plane finally left around 7pm but skirted around some thunderstorms between Dallas and Houston. They landed in Midland to refuel at 8:30 (check a map if you don't know where Midland is - it's further west from Dallas than Houston is south). He finally landed in Houston a little after 10pm. He could have driven faster.

Gotta love the bag drag. DH spends more time in the Admiral's Club than his own bed.

I won't pick him up at the airport, as it's too intrusive into our schedules. He either drives or uses a limo service. His company requires him to travel, so they are required to pay the associated fees.

Dh travels about 50% of the time. Almost all of his flights are international and he's had a very good experience with on-time arrivals. It's very rare (like less than 5% of the time) for his flight to be delayed. I usually pick him up and drop him off and he charges the mileage on his expense report. The kids love the airport so I don't mind the 25 minute trip.