Menu

So, I need sheets since we are upgrading to a king and I have no king sized sheets. :glare:

Does anyone have sheets that they loooooove? (and won't completely break the bank?)

I'm thinking of getting two nice sets for now.

(hmm, that has me thinking. How many sets of sheets do you have per bed?)

Thanks!

Tracie

I have two sets per bed and I bought the best sheets at Linens-N-Things. Keep in mind that I only shop the clearance areas of a store. Our king size sheets started out at $110 (HUH?!) and I got them, on clearance, for $15. They are great, and feel wonderful!

My favorites for our king are:

Overstock's 1500 thread count. I think we paid under $100, but it was a couple years ago. I swear these things are the best things I've ever slept on!

Flannel sheets from Sam's Club. My MIL bought them for us years and years ago and they're still going strong!

We only have two sets for each bed - one flannel and one "spring/summer" set.

Go to Ross. I bought the nicest sheets we've got--they usually have 300-500 thread counts--for $20-50, depending on how lucky you get.

I've probably got 3 sets per bed, but except for this set, they're all cheap, so I usually wash them & put them straight back on. 2 sets should be plenty, & if I had the $, I'd go get another set & put the rest in a pile for charity!

Fwiw, I also only buy white or shades of white, so I don't have to worry about matching, bleaching, etc.

With our old bed, I had some from Eddie Bauer that I LOVED. But I don't think they are doing them anymore. Other places I have gotten them from and also think are worthy are Lands End, LL Bean, Company Store, and Pottery Barn.

I do know that the Lands End and LL Bean hold up really well in the long run too. The Pottery Barn ones are new for our new bed too. I love them so far, but cannot say how well they will hold up since we've only been using them a couple of months. The kids have some from Company Store -- flannels -- that I have been really pleased with too.

Eta: I have 2 sets of percale and one flannel right now. I try to have 2 sets of each, just in case. But, for the adult bed, not as necessary as for the kids bed. I much prefer to have a couple of backups for the kids' beds for sure!

and 100% cotton is the rule for my bed. My dh convinced me of the necessity of good sheets and I thought he was nuts. But now I see the difference and I feel for him. He has sensitive skin and sleeps only in underwear so he feels the sheets!

Anyway, DON'T buy Egyptian Cotton. We had that twice and they fell apart within a year. Just buy regular high thread count cotton. And wait for sales. In the mean time go buy the cheapest set you can get. That'll be your backup. Save your coupons to linens N Things or Bed Bath and Beyond and then buy the sheets when they are on sale or with a good coupon because believe it or not, you can spend more than a hundred dollars on a good sheet set for a king size bed.

I have three sets of sheets for my bed, all of them white. Two sets came from JCPenney, I believe; 1 set is from Costco. The JCPenney sheets are ok; the Costco set is my current favorite. I bought the ones from JCPenney because I was being frugal, and I guess I'll have to use them a few more years (almost 4 so far) before I can justify buying better ones from LL Bean or wherever:sad:

I only buy all-cotton, white sheets, wash cloths and dish cloths; every Friday morning I take the sheets off my bed and soak all the whites in Amway bleach for a couple of hours before I wash them so I'll feel all Martha Stewart-y with my bright whites:D Also, our pillow cases (to be more specific, dh's pillow case) used to get sooo dirty...why is that??...so presoaking the all-white cases keeps that from happening.

TMI, I know:D