Menu

I need a hug

DD didn't sleep well last night - I ended up in her room while she whimpered and thrashed about most of the night. Past experience told me not to leave or she'd wake all the way up and freak out. Hearing my occasional "shhhhh...." (gently) kept her sleeping. This morning she said she'd been dreaming about sleeping on mountains (we had dinner with a friend the other night who reported getting lost and having to sleep in a car in the mountains of Turkey way back when).

Anyhoo - I'm sleep deprived, achy, and out of caffeine. She wants to go outside and plant something (anything). I want to curl up in a ball. I can't really do much more in the garden until DH does some more digging (I can't dig without risking injury to my already sketchy back).

I just wanted to vent. I don't want to do anything, but 3 year olds are not very accommodating - especially when the weather is beautiful. I should be grateful - it's February and in the 60s - but I really don't want to go out today. I want to sleep!!

Back to the laundry.

:grouphug: Can you guys take a nap?

:lol::lol::lol:

She hasn't napped since she was about 18 months old. And SHE slept pretty well after the initial wake-up and retrieval of me from my room - just the whimpering and thrashing. I was the one awake.

We've watered the flowers, hung laundry on the clothesline, done loads & loads of laundry, starting dinner. Just hanging on until tonight.