Menu

HCG shots for weightloss?

I am taking the homeopathic pellets which are NOT illegal. Only the ones made in labs NOT approved by the FDA are illegal.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/49921/

From the article:

"Weight loss products that contain hCG are fraudulent and illegal, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said over the weekend, according to an exclusive report from USA Today.

The advertisers claim that the products, which are heavily advertised on the Internet, are homeopathic and sold in pellets, drops, and sprays. They are sold in drugstores, General Nutrition Centers, and via the Internet, the report said."

I did a LOT of reading before jumping into the hCG. I have lost 30 pounds so far... and am rapidly approaching my round 1 goal.

I am taking the homeopathic pellets which are NOT illegal. Only the ones made in labs NOT approved by the FDA are illegal.

No one could do a 500 calorie diet and lose weight this fast, without hunger OR without going into "starvation mode." Starvation mode turns your body into a calorie hoarder... it won't let go of weight. The only way anorexics and bullemics continue to lose weight is by exercising like maniacs... forcing their bodies to not only shed fat, but muscle as well. They become week and sick.

There are countless people who have used hhCG who have shed the same amount of weight as RX. There are people who have used both the RX and hhCG who have lost the same or better on the homeopathic version. And, there are many, many people who jump to conclusions because they have not bothered ro read the books and studies surrounding the hCG diet program, let alone chatted with the vast numbers of people participating in it.

hCG is a tool, but it is not a cure. hCG has a higher percentage of people maintaining their weight loss vs. traditional diet & exercise. Mainly, I believe, because a good number of people have changed their attitudes towards food. hCG takes you through 3 main phases... weight loss, weight stabiliztion (understanding your BMR, getting the right calories, etc.), and weight maintenance (for me, that means balanced eating with lots of fresh veggies, fruits, lean proteins, a bit of fat, and some grains/sugars). To be successful, you have to weigh yourself, be accountable, and take corrective measures when necessary. If one becomes lazy about those three things, the weight will probably start coming back. If one is vigilant about those three things, one will probably succeed.

Unlike some, my family changed its attitude towards food FIRST. We were already doing things "right." Not perfect... but our diets were not abysmal anymore. The hCG came later.

I have seen my doctor. I have my fat loss monitored. I have *only* lost fat. I have not lost lean muscle. I do not have a gaunt appearance in my face... I look healthy, and according to my bloodwork yesterday, I am healthier than I have ever been.

Lastly, I will also add that I have lost weight through diet and exercise... in my mid-20's. I could only keep it off by exercising 2 hours a day/6 days a week (1hr. of cardio and 1 hr. of weights). I weighed 140 pounds at 5'5". As soon as I tried to go to a more moderate exercise routine... regardless of my caloric intake... the weight came back on. I gained 15 pounds and maintained around 155 until I got pregnant with my first baby. I gained 15 pounds with him, lost 20, and then gained 15 back -- while I was nursing full exclusively, on-demand. My diet was a normal diet. I wasn't overeating. I pretty much maintained a weight around 170 for the next 11 years. No matter if I exercised "moderately" and watched my calories... my body wanted to be at 170. It is a "set-point." In order for me to lose weight, I *must* change that set point. I believe the hCG is helping me do that.

I am almost into the 150's for the first time in 12+ years (I will be there tomorrow, I am pretty darn certain). And my parents, who were extremely concerned about my diet when I first explained it to them, read the materials I provided them and are now fully on-board.

I am excited. My children and husband are very proud... and I fully intend to be an hCG success, not just now... but throughout the maintenance phase as well.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

My story is incredibly similar. When I was in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, I ran 7 miles a day 5 days a week. When I became pg with dd12 when I was in my 40s, I stopped running. After she was born, my thyroid went kerplunk. It took a few months to get it up and running, and I was able to start walking and then running again. I dropped 40 lbs easily (the only time up until then in my life that I had to lose weight). Then, I b/c pg with the twins. Again, though, I dropped 60lbs by the time they were 5 days old. A few years ago, though, my thyroid went :svengo: again. It took awhile to find out what was wrong, and get things going again. Chasing three children, teaching full time in a classroom, and all the other stress and time eaters that come with life, made my old routine of going out and running for an hour or so absolutely impossible. And, when the kids were really small, yes, I did run and walk with a baby jogger.

Two years ago, my dd30 told me about hcg. She heard about it at one of her doc's offices, and she was unrelenting in questioning everyone she could about it. She is on hiatus from med school and she did all the research and reading for me, and she told me to give it a try. I went to her doc.

I understand folks who say it is hooey, b/c we all have been told that if something seems too good to be true, it probably IS too good to be true.. All I can say is, if it is a placebo effect, it is WORTH EVERY CENT TO ME b/c it works. I was not hungry, I had tons of energy, and if it was all in my head, well, I don't really care b/c it worked. This is not to say that there weren't days that were difficult, but I am by nature a very disciplined individual, and I 'can' do this and get the desired result.

Years ago, I DID NOT understand what it was like NOT to be in control of weight changes that one's body went through. Now, at this point in my life, I totally understand, and I GET the heartbreak of trying EVERYTHING and nothing works.

I cannot wait to begin my round two which should be in a few days. This stuff works for me -- if it's hooey, well, it's hooey that works for me. That's all I can say.

Edited by MariannNOVA

What does the hcg do exactly that makes this work and keeps it healthy?

I admit that it sounds like a terrible idea to me :confused: upon first reading it. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions or say too much b/c I haven't been in the position where I've needed to lose a substantial amount of weight. If there's anything in my life I've learned over the last 36 years, it's not to jump to conclusions about what I would and wouldn't choose in a situation I haven't been in (says the die-hard homeschool mom with one child in public school - *never* thought I'd "go there").

I just sincerely hope it's not something that people will regret later. I mean that honestly, not sarcastically.

What does the hcg do exactly that makes this work and keeps it healthy?

I admit that it sounds like a terrible idea to me :confused: upon first reading it. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions or say too much b/c I haven't been in the position where I've needed to lose a substantial amount of weight. If there's anything in my life I've learned over the last 36 years, it's not to jump to conclusions about what I would and wouldn't choose in a situation I haven't been in (says the die-hard homeschool mom with one child in public school - *never* thought I'd "go there").

I just sincerely hope it's not something that people will regret later. I mean that honestly, not sarcastically.

I am not trying to be snarky. I don't use HCG, so I am not defening it. But this is a 6 page thread with informative posts and links.

They will answer your questions, even if you don't agree with them.

Everyone lost weight, everyone gained a bunch back, and a couple had gallbladder problems as a result of the diet.

My brother-in-law had gallbladder problems as well (had to have it removed). He however, was on the Weight-Watchers diet and not hCG.

This diet was popular with some of my friends and family members a year or two ago. Everyone lost weight, everyone gained a bunch back, and a couple had gallbladder problems as a result of the diet.

Anyone will regain weight (and more) if they return to their previous habits. For those who follow the true hcg protocol - P3 and then P4 - they don't regain. It really is as simple as that.

Yes, those who are prone to gallbladder problems, have said that hcg was problematic. But most of us don't have that problem. At least I don't. I feel healthier than ever when I'm on it.

Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm sorry, but injecting yourself with illegal and ineffective drugs- and homeopathic HCG is illegal, from what I've read- and eating at a starvation level for an extended period is a terrible idea. It's hard on the body, potentially fatal, and does nothing to encourage healthy eating habits. So many people are obese because they don't know how to eat a healthy diet and never get any exercise. Injecting yourself with questionable substances and living on lettuce isn't going to do a thing to fix that.

And if anyone is dieting and working out and still isn't losing weight, the problem is that they need to eat MORE, not less. Their bodies have gone into starvation mode and are clinging to every bit of fat.

Focus on nutrition and health, not on fitting into a size zero.

I am rather offended.

I might not agree with certain diets or health approaches, but I would certainly not call them "stupid". That is a bit harsh.

Homeopathic hcg is not illegal or ineffective.

I'm certainly not starving. You're not meant to starve on the hcg diet. It does help to read up on this and to have an open mind.

Hcg does not say "no exercise". That's simply not true. He recommends exercise in moderation.

And no, we do not live on lettuce. Although that does sound quite healthy!

It hasn't been hard on my body and on countless others - many of whom I know from other boards as well as here. None of us have died yet.

I lost over 20 pounds in about a month. I have felt better than ever - incredible, actually - far more energy, better sleep, great-looking skin.

It actually does encourage very healthy eating habits.

I also find your comment about why some people are obese a bit offensive. Not that I am obese. But I was, and it was not due to lack of exercise or due to eating an unhealthy diet. Some sympathy and kindness would be appreciated.

I never said that I would like to fit into a size zero. That would be rather unappealing. :lol: I don't even care what size I am. I would just like to lose some pounds.

....all I need to say is that I am tired of having my skinny friends tell me all that they assume I must be doing wrong. I have tried it all the healthy, normal, approved ways. I have tried increasing cals (with healthy foods), I eat extremely healthy as is, I have tried cutting back to 1200 cals. I have tried South Beach. I have tried exercise. If you have never been more than 15 pounds overweight then you have no right to assume that you have magically chosen the right things and we have not. If you haven't been here...please don't judge the measures we choose to take. Also, dont' assume we are tryiing to look like super models either.

:iagree:

Sing it, sister. :D

It completely sucks, in a society that puts so much emphasis on appearance and weight, but it's not worth hurting yourself to try to fit into some idealized and unrealistic view of what women are "supposed" to look like. If you're eating well and exercising, that's awesome and you should be incredibly proud of yourself, no matter what your pants size.

You have a good point. But it's not as simple as that. I was super-healthy and super-strong. But the weight would not budge. Worked out like a maniac. Did it all. BTDT. Then I realized that my bre@st estrogen levels were a bit of a concern. Not too much. But somewhat. I have read time and time again, that in order to reduce estrogen levels, never mind for overall health, it really is a great deal about BMI and weight. Sad, but true. I could workout till kingdom come, but if those pounds don't budge, my health will not improve. I feel healthier, lighter, and I know that my estrogen levels are lower when my weight is down. My knees don't hurt. Everything feels better. It's not about looks for me. It's about health and wellbeing.

"Many breast cancers are fueled by estrogen, a hormone produced in fat tissue. Experts suspect that the fatter a woman is, the more estrogen she's likely to produce, which could in turn fuel breast cancer.

It's hard to lose weight, but it's not impossible. The potential benefit of preventing cancer is worth it.

Stay within 12 pounds of your ideal body weight. In many studies, obesity has been correlated with a higher risk of breast cancer. Excess body fat produces estrogen which can then be stored in breast tissue and trigger the growth of cancer cells."

As much as for years I have wanted to ignore BMI and numbers on a scale, I know that it's important to overall health. It's not about a dress size. I'm not as shallow as I was in my teens and 20s. I'm no longer in the dating scene, if you get my drift.

And, there are many, many people who jump to conclusions because they have not bothered to read the books and studies surrounding the hCG diet program, let alone chatted with the vast numbers of people participating in it.

hCG is a tool, but it is not a cure. hCG has a higher percentage of people maintaining their weight loss vs. traditional diet & exercise. Mainly, I believe, because a good number of people have changed their attitudes towards food.

Lisa, your story is an amazing one and I'm so excited and proud for you. :grouphug:

Love your very, very wise post.

All I can say is, if it is a placebo effect, it is WORTH EVERY CENT TO ME b/c it works.

:grouphug: Brilliant.

Some things that come to my mind:

1. Call it what you want, hcg is not a fad diet to me. If done correctly, with real reading and research ;), hcg is designed to be a lifestyle change.

2. On another forum, someone wrote: "My doctor put me on the diet and the first thing she told me was: 'Don't tell anyone you are on this diet. Everyone's a hater and they will tell you it's unhealthy, won't work, etc'.. so I didn't- she was right!"

To me, her doctor was a genius. Just like I don't tell many people that we homeschool. Being open-minded, reading, and researching would be quite refreshing. :)

The way some react to this approach, you'd think one was attempting to kill cats or something :001_huh:. As Pink would say, "Why so serious?" It's just a different approach to weight loss for crying out loud. Everyone is different. Everyone succeeds on different plans. That's all.

If a person doesn't approve of something, don't do it. Just don't bash those that have done it and gotten success.

One needs to have an open mind. There is not one single formula for everyone. Simply eating less and exercising more may not work for all. Who cares how others go about it?

3. I am not starving. I have learned about portion size. I am eating very healthy foods. No rubbish. No processed foods. No artificial sweeteners.

4. First, the media gets all upset and cranky when people are overweight and obese.

Then when people actually start losing weight from hcg, they realize that they're not making $ from it (authors of different books, programs, etc.). I've seen articles by authors of different diet books bashing hcg. Their knowledge of hcg is diddly squat. But they're boo-hooing since it may affect their beloved book sales and programs. So they get all upset once more.

Makes me laugh.

They start complaining when people actually do lose weight.

You can't win either way!

5. This diet, when followed correctly, has a higher success rate than others. Most diets have a 95% failure rate. This one does not. 30-40% of people have difficulty maintaining with hcg, compared to 95% with other diets.

Edited by Negin in Grenada

I am rather offended.

I might not agree with certain diets or health approaches, but I would certainly not call them "stupid". That is a bit harsh.

Homeopathic hcg is not illegal or ineffective.

I'm certainly not starving. You're not meant to starve on the hcg diet. It does help to read up on this and to have an open mind.

Hcg does not say "no exercise". That's simply not true. He recommends exercise in moderation.

And no, we do not live on lettuce. Although that does sound quite healthy!

It hasn't been hard on my body and on countless others - many of whom I know from other boards as well as here. None of us have died yet.

I lost over 20 pounds in about a month. I have felt better than ever - incredible, actually - far more energy, better sleep, great-looking skin.

It actually does encourage very healthy eating habits.

I also find your comment about why some people are obese a bit offensive. Not that I am obese. But I was, and it was not due to lack of exercise or due to eating an unhealthy diet. Some sympathy and kindness would be appreciated.

I never said that I would like to fit into a size zero. That would be rather unappealing. :lol: I don't even care what size I am. I would just like to lose some pounds.

Not illegal? It would seem the FDA begs to differ, at least in regard to homeopathic hCG.

Five hundred calories a day is starvation. Period. It doesn't matter if you take some pills that keep you from feeling the effects, it doesn't matter if you lose more fat than muscle than you would without the pills. It's still starvation.

As I said, there is a normal variation of size with people- some are never going to be skinny (and I know one girl who, no matter how much she eats, is never going to be anything but skinny). But actual obesity is diet-related. That's not meant to offend, it's just fact.

I guess it bothers me so much because there are enough negative influences out there for young girls, telling them to do anything to be thin. Now we've got women modeling the idea that, yes, it's okay to starve yourself, as long as you take this pellet each day, because it will help you ignore the signals your body is sending you. That seems like a terrible message, imho. Whether or not it works is irrelevent; it's a horrible thing to do to your body, and it's a horrible thing for young girls to see women doing to their bodies.

With all due respect, and really I am being curious and need clarification, can someone please give me a link to the FDA website where they say that homeopathic hcg pellets are illegal?

I searched and searched the FDA website and have seen no ban. Maybe I'm searching wrong. :confused:

When I google it, I come up with articles referring to a press release from the FDA - yet I cannot find that on their own official website.

With all due respect, and really I am being curious and need clarification, can someone please give me a link to the FDA website where they say that homeopathic hcg pellets are illegal?

I searched and searched the FDA website and have seen no ban. Maybe I'm searching wrong. :confused:

When I google it, I come up with articles referring to a press release from the FDA - yet I cannot find that on their own official website.

There is no ban. They specificially said (in an article), that they weren't going after the homeopathic market, because they couldn't find any real health issues that warranted the effort (bigger fish to fry).

What I have read is that homeopathic medicines fall under an entirely different legal doctrine that is much less regulated. And that you would never find homeopathic hCG in the homeopathic pharmecopia because RX hCG is not an "approved use" for weight loss, and the amounts in homeopathic are far to low to be used for the only "approved uses"

I've gone through this diet with my dad (who had his concerns). I also explained that people will do a 40-day fast (for religious or health reasons) and no one is concerned. I limited myself to that 40-day plan. I know some people go longer, but feel better about staying "on-protocol" than going completely rouge!

As a side note about gall bladder issues, they can be triggered by rapid weight loss -- period -- it has nothing at all to do with taking hCG. I lost weight rapidly after my first child was born and BAM, gallbladder removed 3 weeks post-partum.

Now, I have to go take a long soak in the tub... I have spaghetti arms after a light weight workout, and my legs are still a little jello-ish from my cardio & squats the past two days. Now that I am 30 pounds lighter, I FEEL like exercising. It's great not feeling like a slug. Of course, apparently no one I socialize with has even mentioned the weight... and it's incredibly noticable. That is frustrating.

Not illegal? It would seem the FDA begs to differ, at least in regard to homeopathic hCG.

Not true. Homeopathic is legal. :)

Five hundred calories a day is starvation. Period. It doesn't matter if you take some pills that keep you from feeling the effects, it doesn't matter if you lose more fat than muscle than you would without the pills. It's still starvation.

Doesn't feel like starvation at all. In fact, I feel healthier than ever each and every time.

As I said, there is a normal variation of size with people- some are never going to be skinny (and I know one girl who, no matter how much she eats, is never going to be anything but skinny). But actual obesity is diet-related. That's not meant to offend, it's just fact.

I guess it bothers me so much because there are enough negative influences out there for young girls, telling them to do anything to be thin. Now we've got women modeling the idea that, yes, it's okay to starve yourself, as long as you take this pellet each day, because it will help you ignore the signals your body is sending you. That seems like a terrible message, imho. Whether or not it works is irrelevent; it's a horrible thing to do to your body, and it's a horrible thing for young girls to see women doing to their bodies.

As I and others here have said, most of us (at least not me) have no intention or desire to be skinny. None whatsoever.

I actually believe that allowing weight to accumulate is a worst thing to do to one's body and a worst message to send to young girls. I have no problems with my dd seeing me on this diet. I have a homeschooling friend whose teen daughter has done great on it. Nothing was working for her and she was miserable regardless of all the inspiring and encouraging talks that she's great as she is, etc. All the Zumbas, Curves, eating as little as everyone else ... none of that was working for her.

She's lost weight and is doing great. She feels confident and happy. :party: More power to her, I say. For teens and young adults, it's usually about looks. For us older folks, health is far more of a concern.

Which studies? Twelve pounds within one's idea weight based on what measure? An arbitrary chart made up by insurance companies? I don't know that I buy that. I have also heard that being a little overweight is beneficial as well (similar "ridiculous" studies you are probably referring to).

Wendy, I'm no big fan of those horrible charts ;). In fact, I despise them. Yes, being a little overweight is beneficial. But from what I have read, not too much.

My "desirable" weight range is 106 (not happening :lol:) to 139 (very, very hard to do, in fact, I find it almost impossible.

But 12 pounds over is 151. Between 139 and 151 is when I feel my best. Interesting. I feel lighter, more energetic, no knee pain, you name it. And I look better. But that's a shallow reason. I also feel less monthly bre@st tenderness and pain when I'm lighter. Simple as that. Being in that range is not underweight or skinny. It's what "they" call "marginally overweight", but I call "ideal". So, as you can see, I don't even plan on being in the "desirable" range, "marginally overweight" will be just fine with me. My dh prefers me that way. I do also.

And again, hcg is not starvation. Not when done correctly.

There is no ban. They specificially said (in an article), that they weren't going after the homeopathic market, because they couldn't find any real health issues that warranted the effort (bigger fish to fry).

Thank you for that, Lisa. I knew it, but it's good to hear it once again.

people will do a 40-day fast (for religious or health reasons) and no one is concerned.

As a side note about gall bladder issues, they can be triggered by rapid weight loss -- period -- it has nothing at all to do with taking hCG.

Yes, I've read that.

Now, I have to go take a long soak in the tub... I have spaghetti arms after a light weight workout, and my legs are still a little jello-ish from my cardio & squats the past two days. Now that I am 30 pounds lighter, I FEEL like exercising. It's great not feeling like a slug.

:hurray: So happy for you!

Of course, apparently no one I socialize with has even mentioned the weight... and it's incredibly noticable. That is frustrating.

Hmmm ... I wonder why? Envy and jealousy, perhaps ;)? I have experienced the same exact thing. That's okay. You're doing it for YOU. :grouphug:

Doesn't feel like starvation at all. In fact, I feel healthier than ever each and every time.

As I and others here have said, most of us (at least not me) have no intention or desire to be skinny. None whatsoever.

I actually believe that allowing weight to accumulate is a worst thing to do to one's body and a worst message to send to young girls. I have no problems with my dd seeing me on this diet. I have a homeschooling friend whose teen daughter has always struggled with her weight. Nothing was working for her and she was miserable regardless of all the inspiring and encouraging talks that she's great regardless of how much she weighs or what size her clothes are, etc. All the Zumbas, Curves, eating as little as everyone else ... none of that was working for her. Poor thing.

She made her own choice to try hhcg and has done great. She's lost so much weight and feels far more confident (a key issue with teens as we all may recall). She's happy. :party: More power to her, I say. For teens and young adults, it's usually about looks and that is completely normal. For us older folks, health is far more of a concern, or at least it should be.

With all due respect, your dd is still very young. I had the same, how should I say it, rather idealistic thoughts about weight, diets, and body image, when my dd was your age. The word "diet" and "weight" was taboo in our household. Shelter, shelter, shelter her from all that - were my beliefs. But you know what? I can only shelter her for so long. She's now 13 and is an individual in her own right. She is exposed to all the media and all the messages. The secondary culture (outside influences) now start to take over. I tell her repeatedly that even if she was 300 pounds, I would love her regardless. She knows that, of course. But if she needed to lose weight, and chose to diet, I would allow her to. I mean, good grief, there are far worse problems in the world than dieting and weight loss efforts. Far worse things she could do.

Many might say that working out excessively or for more than 30 minutes a day is sending a negative and horrible image to our young girls. Ask most Europeans or most of the non-U.S. world - and they would for the most part agree - that Americans tend to go rather overboard, when it comes to gyms and working out.

Which studies? Twelve pounds within one's idea weight based on what measure? An arbitrary chart made up by insurance companies? I don't know that I buy that. I have also heard that being a little overweight is beneficial as well (similar "ridiculous" studies you are probably referring to).

Wendy, I'm no big fan of those horrible charts ;). In fact, I despise them. Yes, being a little overweight is beneficial. But from what I have read, not too much.

My "desirable" weight range is 106 (not happening :lol:) to 139 (very, very hard to do, in fact, I find it almost impossible.

But 12 pounds over is 151. Between 139 and 151 is when I feel my best. Interesting. I feel lighter, more energetic, no knee pain, you name it. And I look better. But that's a shallow reason. I also feel less monthly bre@st tenderness and pain when I'm lighter. Simple as that. Being in that range is not underweight or skinny. It's what "they" call "marginally overweight", but I call "ideal". So, as you can see, I don't even plan on being in the "desirable" range, "marginally overweight" will be just fine with me. My dh prefers me that way. I do also.

And again, hcg is not starvation. Not when done correctly.

Thank you for that, Lisa. I knew it, but it's good to hear it once again.

people will do a 40-day fast (for religious or health reasons) and no one is concerned.

As a side note about gall bladder issues, they can be triggered by rapid weight loss -- period -- it has nothing at all to do with taking hCG.

Yes, I've read that.

Now, I have to go take a long soak in the tub... I have spaghetti arms after a light weight workout, and my legs are still a little jello-ish from my cardio & squats the past two days. Now that I am 30 pounds lighter, I FEEL like exercising. It's great not feeling like a slug.

:hurray: So happy for you!

Of course, apparently no one I socialize with has even mentioned the weight... and it's incredibly noticable. That is frustrating.

Hmmm ... I wonder why? Envy and jealousy, perhaps ;)? I have experienced the same exact thing. That's okay. You're doing it for YOU. :grouphug:

Edited by Negin in Grenada

Just because they aren't going to prosecute doesn't make it legal. The FDA specifically said it was illegal. I suppose they'll just leave it up to people to use their common sense with dangerous, unregulated substances.

Also, I noticed while looking for a copy of the press release that you knew it was illegal shortly after the announcement was made, based on your post on that exact subject on another message board. I'll just assume you forgot while you were touting hCG here.

Edited by Mergath

Just because they aren't going to prosecute doesn't make it legal. The FDA specifically said it was illegal. I suppose they'll just leave it up to people to use their common sense with dangerous, unregulated substances.

Also, I noticed while looking for a copy of the press release that you knew it was illegal shortly after the announcement was made, based on your post on that exact subject on another message board. I'll just assume you forgot while you were touting hCG here.

I don't have a horse in this race. Yet, I do not feel that the FDA is the be all and know all when it comes to health issues. They 'approve' substances like Alli which cause serious damage to internal organs but spend decades avoiding their so-called approval of any homeopathic item probably because it doesn't generate the kick backs from major pharma. Speaking strictly of homeopathic treatments of all kinds, I would say that they are much more tolerated by the body given the extreme dilution than any substance approved by the FDA. How many young women, old women and men have succumbed to the approved Alli diet pill?

Edited by OLG

I don't have a horse in this race. Yet, I do not feel that the FDA is the be all and know all when it comes to health issues. They 'approve' substances like Alli which cause serious damage to internal organs but spend decades avoiding their so-called approval of any homeopathic item probably because it doesn't generate the kick backs from major pharma. Speaking strictly of homeopathic treatments of all kinds, I would say that they are much more tolerated by the body given the extreme dilution than any substance approved by the FDA. How many young women, old women and men have succumbed to the approved Alli diet pill?

In their statement, they say that there are some companies which are not approved homeopathically nor by the FDA and this is where they are concerned. They note - not because the substance is harmful, but because there is no proof that the actual product that company sells is effective for weightloss and is therefore fraudulent in its advertising. They specifically say that the substance is not found to be harmful at all (neither in the long-run nor the short-run) and that those that are unapproved are considere fraudulent. This leads me to believe that the approved companies have been studied and cannot be considered a fraud. Easy...order from an FDA or Homeopathically approved company. It seems simple to me anyway.

ETA: I would never use Alli, just my opinion.

Edited by Charleigh

The company I ordered from specifically states...FDA approved facility. I paid a tad more, but I feel better because they seem straight up - offer a money back guarantee and made in the USA in a FDA approved facility. I called with a small question and the lady was quick to remind me that if I am not happy at all, I can return the opened bottle for a full refund. She said that they want their customers to be happy and successful because it is their greatest advertisement.

The company I ordered from specifically states...FDA approved facility. I paid a tad more, but I feel better because they seem straight up - offer a money back guarantee and made in the USA in a FDA approved facility. I called with a small question and the lady was quick to remind me that if I am not happy at all, I can return the opened bottle for a full refund.

You're very wise and have done your research. :)

• 1 month later...