Menu

ISO Cookbook or Blog recs for simple, tasty, whole food recipes

I just finished reading The Dirty Life (loved it), and was drooling over all the food they cook straight from the garden (really, they should also write a cookbook, though I'm not too interested in eating things like heart or liver). It reminded me how much I love the simplest foods - pasta sauce made simply of crushed garlic, chopped fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, salt, and cheese sprinkled on top, fresh potatoes boiled and then sauteed with a little butter and seasoning, etc.

But I am not good enough to just think of a bunch of new things off the top of my head. I need inspiration. Any suggestions?

Another Mark Bittman plug:

http://www.kitchendaily.com/chef-mark-bittman/?sem=1&ncid=AOLFOD00170000000016&s_kwcid=TC%7c11094%7cmark%2520bittman%2520recipes%7c%7cS%7cb%7c7195903749

I can't speak so well re simple in winter...I have made some very convoluted meals lately. Maybe that's another thread? I have been stuck on Korean hot pots, too. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJN5sbu302c&feature=related

Maybe because it's been so cold?

Edited by LibraryLover

Needing to jazz up our winter meals, I purchased Lane Morgan's Winter Harvest Cookbook. Many of my cookbooks seem to focus on the spring/summer spectrum of produce. I want to incorporate more root veggies and hearty greens into our diet--thus the highly recommended Winter Harvest cookbook came into my life.

Morgan's blog also has interesting ideas. You can check it out here.

I second the Whole Foods store cookbook, the Jamie Oliver cookbooks (I read these at the library, because I only like some of the recipes,) and the Sue Gregg cookbooks.

Anotehr great set I've found: 12 Best Foods Cookbook and The Essential Best Foods Cookbook. I've never found another whole foods cookbook where I seem to like every single recipe. I really highly recommend them.