Menu

What are a few of your comforting things?

Putting my cold feet up againt dh's warm calves in bed ;)- he always lets me-, laughing at dh's warped sense of humor, putting my head on his chest as I drift off to sleep, reading in bed at night, all snugged up whatever kid(s) will alllow it, summer, falling alseep to kids snuggled up in my bed watching a movie, chopping vegetables, sauteeing vegetables, making bread, making broths, a hot mug of coffee in my hands in the morning, going to sleep at night knowing dh is working at home and we don't have to be anywhere too early, knitting with my hs posse mommas, going to the libray, walking on the beach, free-ranging my chickens when it's not too cold...

I forgot to add...the smell of horse!!! Sometimes, I will just bury my face in their coat and take a big wiff :D.

:iagree: Being next to a horse is the most peaceful place I can be other then in my lovers arms! So my list is:

Prayer

DH's arms

Being with my horses

Being with the goats - seriously, very calming

Hiding alone in the middle of the woods

Okay - yes, chocolate

Macaroni and Cheese w/ glass of milk

A fire burning in the wood stove (that I used to have - boy I miss it)

I love my bedroom- which is mine alone- dh has an adjacent bedroom. It is light, the sunlight comes in, it is fairly zen and airy and spacious, and I love my king size bed all to myself :) It is on the first floor and has a juliette balcony and it looks out over the leafy, green front garden but has a large tree for privacy from the road and also beauty. I often have birds straight outside my window. I love going to bed and reading or just being in my room- it is very much a beautiful sanctuary. Everyone else in the family loves visiting my room too.

Afternoon naps.

Reading a good book.

Making food- I find cooking/preparing food comforting as long as I am not feeling stressed.

Playing on my computer.

Cleaning (sometimes).

Oh, crap. :lol: I just spit out perfectly good Vodka.

:lol::lol::lol: That was not my intention.

There was a certain 'better living through chemistry' theme to my list of comfort items, wasn't there?;)

Have you ever had this: http://www.rombauer.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showList&productcategoryid=feea6363-ad9d-de9c-b921-16ff9fc42df9

I don't know how I forgot to put that on my list -- it is heavenly!

I love my bedroom- which is mine alone- dh has an adjacent bedroom. It is light, the sunlight comes in, it is fairly zen and airy and spacious, and I love my king size bed all to myself :) It is on the first floor and has a juliette balcony and it looks out over the leafy, green front garden but has a large tree for privacy from the road and also beauty. I often have birds straight outside my window. I love going to bed and reading or just being in my room- it is very much a beautiful sanctuary. Everyone else in the family loves visiting my room too.

That sounds lovely. :)

Afternoon naps.

:iagree::iagree: Best sleep ever. :)