Menu

My son's ultimate birthday...

I have to share. DS turned 9 today. Birthdays are a big deal around here, and even when he was in PS he was allowed to take the day off. Today started with his traditional birthday breakfast: a pound of bacon all to himself. He did, however, choose to share with the rest of the family this year. He opened his gift from DH and me: a backpacker stove with pots/pans/dishes. We baked chocolate chip cookies. This was all before 9 a.m. He went out for donuts with Grammy and DD, and then they played at the park until she brought them home so DS could go play Dungeons and Dragons at the local comic book store (an every Wednesday activity) where he was surprised with pizza and cupcakes from the owner of the store and the other players. After D&D they went to Dairy Queen for blizzards and DH let DS pick out a DQ cake. At 4 p.m. we are meeting 7 of his friends at the bowling alley for a little party and at 6:30 we have reservations at a Japanese steakhouse for dinner.... where they do a little special birthday presentation after your meal. All in all, the ultimate birthday for my guy.

I can't believe he's 9.

I have a boy who has his 9th birthday on tomorrow....I don't know about you guys, but when my guy was born, our hospital materinity ward had record number of babies at the same time...I believe the number was 16 (which to you who live in big cities is not big but for us who live in small town, that number was HUGE!!!!)...so I find it funny that 2 of you ladies had sons born around the same time. My son also has a bet friend who was born 2 days later than he was. Busy time of year.

Thanks ladies. He said it was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :-) The only think that wasn't "perfect" was the fact that DH had planned to take the entire day off from work but a client's server crashed so he was only able to partake in the Dungeons and Dragons, DQ, and dinner portions of the day.

RE: February birthdays, so far this month DS has attended 3 b-day parties not including his own and he has 2 more before the end of the month, all 9 year old boys. There was definitely something about February 2002 (or perhaps May 2001?). DS was due in January but had other plans.

Now I get to plan DD's birthday, which is the 27th.... She was due in April, and had other plans as well!