Menu

Anyone have a hot tub off your master bedroom?

We are in the house planning stages. I think I would really enjoy a hot tub and was thinking of putting one on the deck off the master bedroom. Does anyone have one of these? Do you use it as often as I think I would?

I don't like the little jacuzzi tubs as the top half of me floats and I want to be in the water up to my neck. We are thinking of just a huge oversized master shower and then the hot tub on the deck.

Any thoughts? If it matters we are in West Michigan.

We are in the house planning stages. I think I would really enjoy a hot tub and was thinking of putting one on the deck off the master bedroom. Does anyone have one of these? Do you use it as often as I think I would?

I don't like the little jacuzzi tubs as the top half of me floats and I want to be in the water up to my neck. We are thinking of just a huge oversized master shower and then the hot tub on the deck.

If I did, I wouldn't be at a computer right now :D.

If I did, I wouldn't be at a computer right now :D.

:iagree:

This is in our long term plans. I really wish we would have done this when we built our house, we just said we would add it later. Well, that was before we had kids and when we had, you know, MONEY. :lol:

I think it is a great plan. Just think how nice it would feel on a chilly night...just step out to your hot tub....make sure you get one that has a spot for your drink. :D

:iagree:

This is in our long term plans. I really wish we would have done this when we built our house, we just said we would add it later. Well, that was before we had kids and when we had, you know, MONEY. :lol:

I think it is a great plan. Just think how nice it would feel on a chilly night...just step out to your hot tub....make sure you get one that has a spot for your drink. :D

hmmm, do they make waterproof laptops? I want it all, baby!

hmmm, do they make waterproof laptops? I want it all, baby!

Well, our neighbors have one off their master bedroom with a privacy screen around it and they have an outdoor TV with cable out there.

I would love it in the winter. I also like the idea I could adjust the temperature as I like them nice and warm but not roasting hot. I would rather be comfortable for 20-30 minutes in there relaxing instead of it being so hot I have to get out after 5 minutes.

DH refurbished a hot tub for completion of my MA degrees- best gift ever! We used it year round, even in summer. We LOVED it, and miss it terribly- I'm such a soaking in hot water person. ;) We have such great memories of late night talks...ah.

Sadly we left it w/ the house when we moved, but will be getting another one shortly after we move again. :)

So yes, I HIGHLY recommend. :) Plus I love the idea of being right off the master bath... we had to walk thru the grass to get to the back yard where it was kept...granted, it was incredible to see the star-lit sky, but I'd love the convenience of being right there.

Would the only access be through your bedroom? If you want it to be private (either just for you and your spouse or for your family), that's fine. If visitors are going to be using it (especially if you're talking kids' teenage friends or whatnot), that could be awkward.

How weatherized would the deck be? Will it be comfortable and cost-effective to run during the winter, or do you plan to just not use it during the winter? It seems to me that it would need to be either very well insulated, or continually heated. I know hot tubbing in the cold is fun (DH and I used to go out to our apartment complex hot tub during rainstorms, back before kids when we were able to do that type of thing), but I can't quite picture doing it on a regular basis if the temperature dropped below the 20s or so.

My BIL and SIL put one off the deck of their bedroom. It is also accessible via their porch. It has a privacy screen.

In all honesty, they never use the darn thing. When they first moved in they used it all the time, but now they never do.

My mom has one but it is in her backyard. You go through the living room onto the back porch. She uses that thing all the time, baby!

It's funny because my mom lives near the Canadian border and it is COLD. I think she appreciates hers more.

We have a large therapeutic spa in our back garden. We have it on a timer so it heats up to the temperature we like it morning and evening.

We have spent years having a spa twice a day- just dh and I. Dh doesnt let the kids in it.

We change the water every few weeks- we treat it with spa treatment. I am not so happy about the chemicals but it seems worth it.

We are having a break from twice daily spas at the moment, but we have had it for about 6 years now and have used it consistently in that time.

Yes, I would do it.