Menu

The Great Courses

While we are here, did they lose their sale notification feature when they redid the website or am I just missing it? If it is no longer there, they should really put it back for people like me who can't remember which 50 courses they want.:tongue_smilie: Right now, I am waiting desperately for How the Earth Works to go on sale. Sigh.

Yes, if you search the boards, you'll find many discussions. Around Christmas/New Year, the sales get hot & heavy, with lots of drool spraying around here :)

Recently, I've decided I don't like getting them at the library any more. I can never locate the guide book at the library, and am not always getting the CDs in order (my library has you check out each CD separately). It's a good way to preview, but when there's a great sale, it's worth the purchase to me!

Julie

I just found one of my old professors on there! Phillip Carey teaches The History of Christian Theology. It is nice to know I got a decent college education, lol!

Awesome, that's on my list to use next year. It will be my first purchase, the first of an ever expanding list.

I haven't received notification of their sales for a while either. I just double checked my settings earlier this evening....and drooled a little more.

There is a 2-day sale (ends tomorrow, Sunday 2/13) — 70% off on ALL dvd courses, using Priority Code 52413.

I couldn't find a free shipping code, but I found these two coupon codes (you can only use 1 Priority code and 1 coupon code at a time):

VLTN $4.95 shipping

RNYR $10 off, expires 2/13

ETA: Came back to post that I've tested all three of these codes and they are all working; just pick whichever of the coupon codes works best to offset shipping costs.

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

Awesome, that's on my list to use next year. It will be my first purchase, the first of an ever expanding list.

My major was in the Theology so I had a few courses with him. I can vouch that he is quite good. Eastern University tends to be non-partisan in its Theology department so I never got the feeling from any of the professors that I was learning just one way of thinking on a particular subject.

70% off...WOW! I have never heard of these courses, so it seemed too good to be true. I have 2 logic aged kids but am not sure if any of the courses would be a good fit. Are there any you would you recommend for logic stage or would we be better off waiting a couple years? Any reviews of courses you've used would be great too. The Building Great Sentences sounds good, and The Art of Reading sounds like a great supplement to lit analysis, who am I kidding, they all look really good.

I ordered the How to Be a Superstar Student on Friday for $19.95. It came THE NEXT DAY via Fedex! I was so impressed with the presentation and packaging of the materials too. I am seriously considering some of the history lectures to use as a resource for TRISMS. I also received another code to get the 70% until March 7th. The only problem is that even with the discount, I want to order over $1000 worth! :)

Are there any you would you recommend for logic stage or would we be better off waiting a couple years?

The high school history courses would be fine for younger kids, but you might want to preview them at the library because those are love-em-or-hate-em type of courses, with the professor dressing up :tongue_smilie:

My ds LOVES the physics courses he's been watching this year, but he realizes he's just catching part of them at age 15.

Julie

While we are here, did they lose their sale notification feature when they redid the website or am I just missing it?

I haven't received notification of their sales for a while either. I just double checked my settings earlier this evening....and drooled a little more.

I still receive e-mails from them every few days telling me about their sales.

I ordered the How to Be a Superstar Student on Friday for $19.95. It came THE NEXT DAY via Fedex! I was so impressed with the presentation and packaging of the materials too. I am seriously considering some of the history lectures to use as a resource for TRISMS. I also received another code to get the 70% until March 7th. The only problem is that even with the discount, I want to order over $1000 worth! :)

Is this a code you can share?

These videos and audio cd's are wonderful!

I just got a catalog in the mail and many are marked down 70%

http://www.teach12.com/greatcourses.aspx

Courses are taught by the top 1% of college professors.

Yes, I am quite addicted to their audio downloads. I used to buy the DVDs but found I could get through a course quicker by downloading it onto my Zune. TTC keeps all your downloads saved so I can redownload at any time. They are much cheaper too.

I just finished Prof Rufus Fears "Churchill" and it was awesome.

Lisa

I still receive e-mails from them every few days telling me about their sales.

There was a feature on the old site that let you basically wish list your choices and then you could check to see if they are on sale. My sieve-brain can't always remember which 50 courses are the most pressing one to purchase next.:tongue_smilie:

Yes, I am quite addicted to their audio downloads. I used to buy the DVDs but found I could get through a course quicker by downloading it onto my Zune. TTC keeps all your downloads saved so I can redownload at any time. They are much cheaper too.

I just finished Prof Rufus Fears "Churchill" and it was awesome.

Lisa

I always thought I was more of a visual-type, but I enjoy listening to courses on my MP3, especially on a walk.

I believe all codes are share-able, because sales are the way they do business.

I received TWO catalogs in the mail today (wish they would save $$ on catalogs). Try these:

I'm on the site and it says those are priority codes, not coupon codes... no discount from them. Anyone else have a coupon code?

I've been having a terrible time trying to get the superstar student series from the library, I would be thrilled to get it on dvd for $20!!

I'm on the site and it says those are priority codes, not coupon codes... no discount from them. Anyone else have a coupon code?

I've been having a terrible time trying to get the superstar student series from the library, I would be thrilled to get it on dvd for $20!!

You can use both a priority code and a coupon code, or just a priority code. Either of them provide sales, but usually on different items.

Here's the latest email coupon code I received:

Coupon Code: AHM2