Menu

Cupcake recipes?

Anyone have something yummy and a bit different for me? I don't care if it's from scratch or just adapting a box mix.

Our church is doing a cupcake tasting for an upcoming ladies fellowship and I'm trying to come up with ideas. Thus far, I've found out marshmallows inside do not work as envisioned ;) And angelfood cake sticks to the liners and turns out, well, not so yummy.

I'm wanting to incorporate marshmallows if possible, maybe even just marshmallow cream frosting...but on what kind of cake?

Though, a ganache sounds lovely too.

Whatcha got for me Hive?

Cupcakes! Yum fun!

I have made a vanilla cupcake with a whipped chocolate ganache filling that is divine and easy too.

I am going to try a new topping soon that is a homemade marshmallow fondant technique. You take the fondant and roll out stripes of color and put them next to each other and then cut out a circle the size of the top of the cupcake and pop it on top (a light buttercream frosting underneath to help hold on the top). I'm going to do some in Easter colors soon. Here is a picture that shows what some look like (not my photo):

normal_1296594220.jpg

Try some of these:

Cupcakes

I've made the chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate raspberry cream cheese frosting and they were the best I've ever had! I also did the strawberry ones with strawberry frosting and they were really good too.

:iagree:I was getting ready to post the link to this site as well. I haven't baked any of her cupcakes but her deep dish apple pie is awesome.

I don't know if this is anything like what you're looking for, but we followed a simple homemade vanilla cupcake recipe last month with a simple homemade lemon frosting recipe and then topped the cupcakes with marshmallow snowmen for a winter theme decoration, and they were cute AND delicious AND simple!

Here's a link to my entry where I post pics and the recipe:

http://nancextoo.livejournal.com/173018.html

I'll consider the fluffer-nutter idea...my kids would dig it, but I'm not sure it's my kind of thing.

I checked out the MBA link...ohmygosh! Wow. Snickers cupcakes, mmm and the lemon ones are speaking to me. Those are definitely in the running.

Nan, yes, icing tips used to get that luscious looking frosting top.

One thing that works with marshmallows? Bake your cupcakes, and let them cool. Put a marshmallow on top of each of them, return them to the oven for a short time. Keep an eye on them, they will puff up a little. Take them out of the oven and squish the marshmallow. It works great, my dds make these all of the time.