Menu

TOG question

MerryAtHope

Is it ever possible to see TOG in person at a convention? I'm such a paper person! Yes, I know you can download the first 3 weeks (did that!) but I just wish I could see the whole thing in person. Is Lampstand Press the only one that carries it?

Thanks, Merry :-)

Hi Merry :)

Lampstand Press is TOG just like Avyx is part of the Sonlight family of companies. Marcia Somerville is the President and author of TOG (there are other authors also). I would suggest getting in touch with Lampstand Press to see if there's a Tapestry Tea or someone willing to hold a Tapestry Tea in your area. Conventions are great but I find that you would have a better opportunity to look over the curriculum during a Tapestry Tea. Thought I would suggest it as an option for you to consider anyway :). This is what a Tapestry Tea is:

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/tapestrytea/

Check with your local homeschool group. For example, I'm bringing my TOG to this month's meeting in Longview Texas to show other moms who might be interested. I must say, though, that the huge binders really freak some of them out, so I will often put a week in a folder.

Christine

• 3 months later...
In the past, there were no hard copies of TOG at the convention. That may change, but that is my experience. What they will offer is the DE for viewing and short classes on using TOG.

I'd go with the "find a local" suggestion ;)

Is there typically a discount given for making a purchase at convention? Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead and order now.

Thanks!

Is there typically a discount given for making a purchase at convention? Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead and order now.

Thanks!

i don't know about that, but if you order through tina's blog link it helps her out a lot!! :D just sayin'...

Thanks!

When I asked about 2 years ago there were no discounts to ordering at a conference, nor were there hard copies actually available to take home from the conference... I would just order now online. :-) If you ask the Lampstand Press people, they will tell you... they have a live chat about ordering available on the site

Thanks!

usually free shipping, if I remember correctly. That's kind of a standard "Convention special"

i don't know about that, but if you order through tina's blog link it helps her out a lot!! :D just sayin'...

aw. Thanks :)

I worked the TOG booth at MassHOPE a few weeks ago:

1. There were about 3 weeks of material from Year 2, Unit 2 to look at and we explained the sections, how we use it, etc. for the interested families.

2. There were print out examples from Map Aids, a lapbook kit, Writing Aids, Pop Quiz, and Evaluations. But not every week/ every year.

3. No orders are being taken at conventions for tax purposes.

4. The conference special is the entire set of Teacher Training downloads for free -- $50 value -- with a year plan purchase.

We had several computers at the conference and could pull up each year plan to look at with guests to the booth. Depending on your conference, the booth hosts may bring some items to add to the both display. We had a lapbook and a student's history portfolio.

HTH

I worked the TOG booth at MassHOPE a few weeks ago:

1. There were about 3 weeks of material from Year 2, Unit 2 to look at and we explained the sections, how we use it, etc. for the interested families.

2. There were print out examples from Map Aids, a lapbook kit, Writing Aids, Pop Quiz, and Evaluations. But not every week/ every year.

3. No orders are being taken at conventions for tax purposes.

4. The conference special is the entire set of Teacher Training downloads for free -- $50 value -- with a year plan purchase.

We had several computers at the conference and could pull up each year plan to look at with guests to the booth. Depending on your conference, the booth hosts may bring some items to add to the both display. We had a lapbook and a student's history portfolio.

HTH

I can't wait to get there!