Menu

netflix question

I was under the impression that they offer different plans where you can have different number of DVD's out at a time for different prices, but i can't seem to find those offers on their site. Can someone help me out with that. I don't want to watch on my computer most of the time...but would be interested in having that offer too.

thanks.

I copied and pasted this from my member account info; I didn't see a link to take a non-member to this information directly.

NOTE: Prices listed don't include tax.

Unlimited Plans

Watching instantly (no DVDs)

* Watch Instantly Unlimited

$7.99 a month

o Watch instantly as often as you want on your PC, Mac or TV

o Includes Starz Play service

Watching instantly and DVD

* Exchange DVDs as often as you want

* Watch instantly as often as you want on your PC, Mac, or TV

* Our premium unlimited plans include Starz Play service

* Click here to add Blu-ray access for an additional cost

* 1 DVD out at-a-time

+ unlimited instant watching

$9.99 a month

* 2 DVDs out at-a-time

$14.99 a month

* 3 DVDs out at-a-time

$19.99 a month

* 4 DVDs out at-a-time

$27.99 a month

* 5 DVDs out at-a-time

$34.99 a month

* 6 DVDs out at-a-time

$41.99 a month

* 7 DVDs out at-a-time

$48.99 a month

* 8 DVDs out at-a-time

$55.99 a month

Limited Plans

* 1 DVD out at-a-time

(limit 2 rentals a month)

$4.99 a month

o Watch instantly (up to 2 hours a month) on your PC or Mac

o A Netflix ready device cannot be used with this plan

o Starz Play and live Starz Play TV channel are not available

o Click here to add Blu-ray access for an additional cost

but this doesn't seem to offer the 4.99 a month for 2 DVD's...ok..maybe we will try the free membership....

Do you mean the $14.99 option? If you click on View More DVD Plans, it takes you to more choices:

http://www.netflix.com/GiftPurchase?update=y&selectSubscriptionMenu=1529

But sign up anyway, it's really the only way to know for sure. A free trial's always a good thing!

but this doesn't seem to offer the 4.99 a month for 2 DVD's...ok..maybe we will try the free membership....

Be careful about signing up for the $4.99 plan -- it looks like they limit you to only 2 hours a month of streaming movies on your computer. That's only about one movie, so for 4.99, you're only getting 2 DVD rentals and one movie to watch online.

Cat

The $4.99 limited deal is not the best deal just because it's the cheapest. It actually seems like a rip-off considering what you're able to get for only a few dollars more per month.

we don't watch much TV or movies, so 2 per month (or 3 with the computer watching), is really about all we would want. We have Cable too and that offers us some viewing we like. But, I am curious...what would you consider the best deal??

Consider a free trial before you decide which option is best. Some places have very quick turn around times, and others take longer depending on your postal carrier. (Here there is no need to return one after Friday because the received e-mail with the next ship one will always be Monday or Tuesday.)

Honestly, I figured it would be a waste due to our view habits, but I would give up cable in a minute over Netflix. Wish I could get the news and sports on Netflix...

we don't watch much TV or movies, so 2 per month (or 3 with the computer watching), is really about all we would want. We have Cable too and that offers us some viewing we like. But, I am curious...what would you consider the best deal??

For us the best deal is the $9.99 unlimited deal (one movie out at a time). This gives us one movie that we usually use for our "date night", and we get an obscene amount of use out of the unlimited instant view. Occasionally I'll watch something on it, but mainly DH uses it (several hours a day/night - he has problems falling asleep and so he'll bring his laptop and headphones to bed and watch a couple things until he can finally go to sleep) and DS usually watches some Veggie Tales while I'm in the shower or if I'm cleaning and don't want him to try and help. When we have time we both (DH and I) really like watching documentaries and other movies that we don't necessarily have in our own DVD collection.