Menu

19yo pg dd update

Dd went in today for a pap smear redo. She has been wanting an ultrasound just to be sure of her dates, etc.

Well, they weren't going to do one, but then the lady seeing her couldn't find the heartbeat (and they've been hearing it for several weeks), so they decided to do one.

They told her the baby's heartbeat was good, and she sent me a pic of the little plum (baby's size in her what to expect app), but dd was a little distressed. She said she didn't really see the baby make any movements or anything, or, if she did see movements, she couldn't tell if it was the baby or the movement from the midwife moving the probe.

So now I just have something else to worry about. I hate not being there!!! Could y'all keep praying for my little grandplum please??

Oh, and she's 11 weeks and one day officially - due date August 10th.

Honestly, if she weren't coming home in 3 weeks, I'd probably be buying a ticket to go now. This is driving me crazy! I know I'm probably driving everyone nuts with my posts, but I appreciate having a place to ask for prayers and comments that put me at ease.

If I didn't have kids at home that still needed me, I'd already be gone.

heartbeat is good! yeah!

I'm hoping in a few more weeks that she'll begin to feel "grandplum" moving around. That's better than watching on screen anytime, well, except when they kick you in the bladder. :glare:

I remember with my first child I didn't feel that first flutters until around week 13. Then, by 3rd kid, the one who was in constant motion, I felt it sooner.

:grouphug:

-crystal

She texted me to tell me that she had not been cramping much at all in the last week or so, but the lady pushed so hard with the Doppler that she had to tell her it hurt. That's when she was trying to find the heartbeat before the ultrasound.

Now she is cramping.

No damage was likely done here huh? I'm feeling like the baby can take the pressure because it's protected, and that the pressure just irritated her uterus.

But could I BE any more paranoid!?! I wasn't like this with my own pregnancies!

She texted me to tell me that she had not been cramping much at all in the last week or so, but the lady pushed so hard with the Doppler that she had to tell her it hurt. That's when she was trying to find the heartbeat before the ultrasound.

Now she is cramping.

No damage was likely done here huh? I'm feeling like the baby can take the pressure because it's protected, and that the pressure just irritated her uterus.

But could I BE any more paranoid!?! I wasn't like this with my own pregnancies!

:)

Round Ligament Pain? That stuff can HURT when stretching.

August 10th is my birthday... come on time baby!! :D

I've heard that even in a car accident, babies that early are unlikely to be hurt because they are so well protected. A teammate of mine found out she was pregnant in the middle of the season and her doctor told her she could keep playing soccer if she wanted, because the baby was well protected by fluid and such. I wouldn't worry about the doppler causing injury.

Glad they found the hb!! I had that scare with baby #3 at 9weeks and I was in full blown panic!! But we got an u/s done and heard it beating away and even saw it.

As for seeing the baby move...she really can't tell much until she's farther along..even on the ultrasound...so that doesn't alarm me.

As for cramping..I had cramping due to ligament stretching and cramping everywhere with most of my pregnancies...I still worried and finally I bought a heartbeat monitor to have at home for my own sanity! Once I was able to feel the baby move and would ever get worried I'd poke at my belly to get a reaction and immed. got a response and was at ease...Soon enough she'll be able to have that comfort of knowing with her lil plum!

I've found no matter how many kids a mama has....you still have concerns, questions and forget alot of what you experienced and feel pregnant for the first time again...I bet it's no different with your grandbabies too :D:grouphug: