Menu

How much do your teenaged boys sleep?

I remember back when my kids were younger, I had glanced at threads about sleeping teenagers, but, sheesh! This is annoying beyond belief!

Do any of you have different schedules? Schedules where your student may be studying from 5 or 6 pm until midnight? I need some reassurance, please.

Edited by imeverywoman

My kids will sleep from midnight to noon, if they're on a good schedule. If they stay up too late, they'll sleep from 2AM to noon and be tired on only 10 hours of sleep.

My 19 yr who's now in college does get on a more normal schedule during the semester, but she never gets enough sleep what with all her homework. 8 hours is not enough for her. 10 is a bare minimum to feel ok. I think this might be a good reason to not start kids on college in their mid-teens. A class or two might be doable, but a full schedule seems to conflict with sleep needs.

Maybe my kids need more sleep than average.

The fact that our schedules are almost completely off from one another is not a big problem. I get my work done in the morning, they do what they need to do on their own after I go to bed (well, except my college student who just works all the time). We meet in the middle for things they need my help on.