Menu

Used bookstores that sell Homeschool materials?

I was in FL last week and stumbled upon a used bookstore (Read it Again, In Niceville) that had a really nice homeschool section. More textbooky than I'd like (lots of Abeka), but nice to see anyway. Apparently the owners homeschooled their own children. The prices look very good, and based on what was on the shelf, it looks like they grade their materials honestly as far as quality. (Almost nothing was labeled "excellent", and I didn't see any books I'd call "Fair" or less- very good looking, clean materials without writing, highlighting, and so on). Apparently, they do have an online store (http://www.readitagain1.com) and ship, too.

Does anyone know of any similar store that has more classical-type materials? I'd LOVE to give my money to that kind of business for the non-consumable stuff, even if it costs a little more than going through Amazon, where I've had more than a few books wrongly represented as far as quality goes.

Out here, Bookman's has a section of educational materials (both for homeschoolers and school teachers), as well as children's nonfiction, and I've found a number of great resources there. They also offer an educator's discount!

McKay's has a lot of used homeschool stuff. They have locations in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville (I think). I've found Rod & Staff grammar and some CLE stuff there.

Thanks! I'll be in Nashville next weekend for my DD's cheer competition, so I'll have to check.