Menu

White spot on tonsil...can I pretend it's not there?

I think I might be coming down with Tonsillitis.

Problem: I've been trying to coordinate a lunch date with an old friend for TWO SOLID YEARS. Each and EVERY time we plan to get together, SOMETHING happens. :glare:

We have a lunch date planned for tomorrow.

And tonight I noticed a white spot on my tonsil. :confused: Sheesh! Looked at pictures online. Looks like tonsillitis. I have NO other symptoms.

If I still have no other symptoms tomorrow morning, I'm going on the lunch date. I really hope that a fever or sore throat doesn't form overnight.

Somebody please post and tell me that I'm not coming down with tonsillitis, that it's just my imagination.

Well, I'm not MD, nor do I play one on internet forums ;) but I've had what you describe in the past- white spots, but I did have pain but no other symptoms. What I did was gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide (gross and be sure not to swallow :tongue_smilie:) a few times. I felt better really quick, within a couple of hours.

If I were you, I'd gargle and not worry about it too much. :grouphug: I hope you can have a wonderful lunch with your friend.

I would gargle with warm salt water often and then make the decision in the morning.

:iagree: What she said or peroxide too. Then hop in your car and drive to GNC or the health food store and get some oregano oil. Drink 4 drops of it mixed in juice, take it two to three times a day and it will get rid of it. It can even cure strep throat if you take it 3 times a day. It's great stuff it's even more effective if you add in Echinacea and Goldenseal too. :) Feel better hon. :)

:iagree: What she said or peroxide too. Then hop in your car and drive to GNC or the health food store and get some oregano oil. Drink 4 drops of it mixed in juice, take it two to three times a day and it will get rid of it. It can even cure strep throat if you take it 3 times a day. It's great stuff it's even more effective if you add in Echinacea and Goldenseal too. :) Feel better hon. :)

Absolutely fantastic stuff, but oh so yuck. :ohmy:

Absolutely fantastic stuff, but oh so yuck. :ohmy:

LOL Everyone says that. It really doesn't bother me, but I cook a lot of Italian food so maybe I'm immune to the oregano smell?? I find mixing it with apple juice is the most painless way to take it. And knock it back all in one go then chase it with plain apple juice. It sure beats the heck out of eating raw garlic cloves for infection. Not THAT'S rough! for everybody around me too. :lol:

LOL Everyone says that. It really doesn't bother me, but I cook a lot of Italian food so maybe I'm immune to the oregano smell?? I find mixing it with apple juice is the most painless way to take it. And knock it back all in one go then chase it with plain apple juice. It sure beats the heck out of eating raw garlic cloves for infection. Not THAT'S rough! for everybody around me too. :lol:

Oh, I don't mind the taste so much- and it smells great. Maybe it's just the one I have but it burns. Ouch! I can't let it sit in my mouth or throat for any amount of time and must make sure I chase it down ASAP with as much juice as possible. I feel like I could breath fire after having a dose of it. LOL I'd much prefer to eat raw garlic. I LOVE raw garlic :lol: especially with butter. Yum.

Oh, I don't mind the taste so much- and it smells great. Maybe it's just the one I have but it burns. Ouch! I'd much prefer to eat raw garlic. I LOVE raw garlic :lol: especially with butter. Yum.

It does burn a little that's why I knock it back and chase it. But 4 drops usually isn't so bad when mixed with juice. If I do it directly on the tongue then it burns. I love garlic too, but the amounts that you have to eat for strep throat say will alienate you from everyone you know. :lol: It just oozes out your pores. hehehe At least the oregano oil is non-offending in that respect. ;) :D

Well, I'm not MD, nor do I play one on internet forums ;) but I've had what you describe in the past- white spots, but I did have pain but no other symptoms. What I did was gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide (gross and be sure not to swallow :tongue_smilie:) a few times. I felt better really quick, within a couple of hours.

If I were you, I'd gargle and not worry about it too much. :grouphug: I hope you can have a wonderful lunch with your friend.

:iagree:This is what I have done. It works!

How is your throat today, Garga? I hope you had a nice lunch with your friend. :)

Well, it stayed about the same and I never developed a fever, so I went to lunch. I had a great time finally having a real live face to face conversation with my friend. Kids sort of mess that up until they get a little older, don't they.

Well, it stayed about the same and I never developed a fever, so I went to lunch. I had a great time finally having a real live face to face conversation with my friend. Kids sort of mess that up until they get a little older, don't they.

LOL yes they do. Glad it didn't keep you from your plans. Sounds like you had a nice day. :)