Menu

How much weight do you have to lose before you need a new size clothes?

The marker is around 10-15 lbs. I am a size 12 at 150lbs (and up to about 155) , and a sz 10 at 140. If I could get under 135 and around 130lb, I'm a 8. (It's been years, but one can dream, right!!?)

Great job on the weight loss! Sounds like it's time to get some new clothes!

- Stacey in MA

Well, if you're like me, more than 15!!! I've lost 15 pounds and the ONLY new piece of clothing that I've had to buy is a BRA!!!!:lol: Seriously, I lost 7.5 pounds on one side and 7.5 pounds off the other!!! (Went from a 36DD to a 32 C!

But, I look a lot slimmer. It's been frustrating not to have it come off my waist and hips, but I figure if I just keep on keepin' on, it'll come off eventually. I've only got another 10 pounds to go.

Oh - and to answer your question - if I were you, I'd go to the thrift store and pick up a few items. You said you have more to lose right? That way you'll have something to wear that didn't cost much!

Gee, and I lost 60 pounds and that is the one place i didn't lose it in! I went from a 38/40DDD to a 36DDD.

I'd LOVE to lose it there - i'm having some issues currently that making them go away would help.

Well, if you're like me, more than 15!!! I've lost 15 pounds and the ONLY new piece of clothing that I've had to buy is a BRA!!!!:lol: Seriously, I lost 7.5 pounds on one side and 7.5 pounds off the other!!! (Went from a 36DD to a 32 C!

I can't answer your question...I have wondered what people do who when their losing weight ~ especially people who have a lot to lose. One can't just go out and buy a new wardrobe every few months! It would be especially difficult if you worked in an industry in which attire is of import.

Any-hoo, though, congrats on your weight loss! Btw, what did you decide to do about the fondue?

It depends on the size you are to start with. In general, there are more pounds represented between higher sizes than between lower sizes. It takes more weight loss, therefore to go from a size 20 to an 18 (about 26 pounds in most case) than between sizes 4 and 6 (where it can be 5 pounds).

I've lost a total of 40 pounds and went from a size 20 (but stuffing myself into 18's) to a size 12 in many cases, still 14 in some.

I can't answer your question...I have wondered what people do who when their losing weight ~ especially people who have a lot to lose. One can't just go out and buy a new wardrobe every few months! It would be especially difficult if you worked in an industry in which attire is of import.

I've purchased most of my transitional sizes at thrift stores, and on sale *at* the thrift store when possible. Not only do I not have money for clothes to begin with, I don't want to invest a lot of money in a size I hope to not spend too much time in.

absolutely, you need some new bottoms at least.

I lost 13 pounds and went down 2 sizes in jeans/shorts. I had to get a few because my pants were falling down!

I only got 3 pairs though because I want to lose more, but you should probably get at least 2 bottoms while in this transition phase. You'll look better too! Baggy falling down pants didn't make me look any thinner, even though I was losing.

Ahh, the fondue...

My friend picked up some packages of the pre-made at Costco. Really, I'm willing to spend $27 to see the problem go away. I'll just save my yummy cheese that I bought and use it for my own family. What a treat! For tomorrow though, I'm relieved to be just heating & eating.

Now I'm up to my elbows in carrot cake fixin's. Doesn't bode well for the continuation of weight loss...;-)

~Julie~

I started off wearing pants with elastic waist and loose tops. As I have lost more I switched to real jeans, but I only have a few pairs. Once I get to goal I will buy a larger quanity of clothes.

I started off wearing pants with elastic waist and loose tops. As I have lost more I switched to real jeans, but I only have a few pairs. Once I get to goal I will buy a larger quanity of clothes.

how are you doing with your weight loss? I know you had an ambitious and difficult goal. I am rootin' for ya.