Menu

International Teaching Jobs

International schools will want you to have at least a bachelor's degree in the area you will be teaching, a teaching certificate and typically two years or more of experience (although some will waive this for the right candidate). A master's degree will get you more money. Most international schools are secular...mine is not so the additional requirement at my school is that you be a professing, practicing christian.

www.teflonline.com

This is a ESL, accredited, teacher training company I teach for. You can earn ESL certification online. I have many students who have already received teaching jobs in China or Korea, or eastern European countries who need a credentaled, international teacher certification, and ours is widely accepted. Yes, you'll likely need a BA or an MA, and perhaps be a native-speaker of English to find jobs through our course, but. . . I've done this for 7 years and have tons of happy students who are teaching all over the world!

Sorry, really not meant to be an ad, I just want interested folks to know another option.

T.

Heather, how about a computer guru that adores kids and can teach them ANYTHING? Well, except English...seriously, the man is impaired in this department...his writing skills are quite good but he can't remember the difference between an adjective and an adverb.

We originally rejected a job in Kuala Lumpur because homeschooling is restricted and we weren't certain we could find a good pediatric cardiologist along with a cardio hospital. But, ds is being completely cleared by his cardiologist (WHOO HOO) and so a move is all clear. Dh is currently being driven NUTS by his co-workers so he'd consider a good international computer job.

Faith

Heather, how about a computer guru that adores kids and can teach them ANYTHING? Well, except English...seriously, the man is impaired in this department...his writing skills are quite good but he can't remember the difference between an adjective and an adverb.

We originally rejected a job in Kuala Lumpur because homeschooling is restricted and we weren't certain we could find a good pediatric cardiologist along with a cardio hospital. But, ds is being completely cleared by his cardiologist (WHOO HOO) and so a move is all clear. Dh is currently being driven NUTS by his co-workers so he'd consider a good international computer job.

Faith

Well, I am not entirely sure but our elementary computer teacher IS leaving and she also handles all our powerschool issues. Plus, we have just expanded to include the ability to get a high school diploma from our school completely online so there may be computer tech openings with that too. If you work here you can homeschool your kids (I homeschool my oldest). There are lots of people in Penang homeschooling!

Send me the resume and I will forward it to our director: hfischer@dalat.org

Faith

Just got notice that Singapore American School is looking for a director of educational technology. That is an INCREDIBLE school!!!

Geez. Aren't there international schools in places with miserable weather, just how dh likes it? :tongue_smilie:

:)

Rosie- wishing someone an adventure, since she can't afford one herself...

I think Shanghai has a pretty vile climate: humid, polluted, much too hot in summer, chilly damp in winter. Nasty enough for you?

Laura

I think Shanghai has a pretty vile climate: humid, polluted, much too hot in summer, chilly damp in winter. Nasty enough for you?

Laura

Not even close. He wants it to be chilly and damp all year round! If there was such thing as Anti-SAD disorder, I'd diagnose him as having it! He'd probably be happy sitting on an iceberg somewhere, the crazy guy.

:)

Rosie