Menu

Anyone have a pulled pork recipe?

Costco has a pulled pork without a sauce. It is really good and I'd like to do something like it here at home in the crockpot as we don't have a Costco in our town.

Is pork roast the cut I need?

Do you have a recipe or other tips you would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Kendall

me me me!

My kids love this...it is cheap, easy and delicious.

2 large onions...cut them in quarters, place them in the bottom of your crock pot.

In a bowl combine one bottle of your favorite honey bbq sauce and 1 can of cranberry sauce (the kind with the whole berries, not the jelly).

Put the pork in the crockpot, pour the sauce over it, let it cook on low all day

dinnertime- pull the pork roast out of the crockpot, shred it with a fork, stir up the sauce in the crock pot, pour it over the shredded pork, serve it on warm buns.

YUMMY :D

Easy peasy! Toss a big pork shoulder in the crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce or pork marinade (I like Stubb's Pork Marinade). It will be saucy, but you can strain that out if you don't want sauce. It's the cooking in liquid that makes it so tender. I throw it in at 8am and cook it all day. Or if I need it for a luncheon I might toss it in on low at midnight the night before so it's ready at noon. 8-12 hours.

I thought the last one I made looked fatty, so I served it the night I made it by spooning it out of the crock pot onto sandwiches, but refrigerating the leftovers. The fat easily solidified on top and I was able to remove it before freezing. A $14 pork shoulder made enough for us to have TONS of tender pulled pork for sandwiches, tacos, a casserole, etc. Just add more new seasonings depending on what you will do with it. I think that's why I prefer to cook it with a pork marinade because it's generic spices vs specifically bbq or salsa flavor.

YUMMMM!

My whole family loves this recipe:

Get a Boston Butt and marinate it overnight in a bottle of Dale's Marinade and LOTS of brown sugar.

Next day, place in the crock pot on low and pour the marinade over top. Let it cook all day.

About 30 min before you're ready to serve, use a turkey baster to remove the marinade, separate the pork, and pour in your choice of BBQ sauce.

It's delicious!

http://www.theotherwhitemeat.com/RecipeDetail/2201/Perfect_Pulled_Pork.aspx

This is the recipe being featured in ads in women's magazines right now (though I cook it longer than the recipe specifies). I stole a magazine from the bin at my n'hood pool just to get this recipe. :blushing: But it was worth it. I get the cut of meat that it specifies at Whole Foods. My regular grocery store doesn't carry anything that matches what the recipe specifies, but it could just be that I don't recognize the same cut of meat at 2 different stores. The meat is sometimes fatty, but I just leave it on. It cooks into a liquid that kind of slides right off when I shred it.

I serve it with a Carolina-style barbecue sauce. It has quickly become one of the meals my family requests the most often.

Terri

I make one EVERY week, get the biggest pork roast and cheapes they have...I try and get the boneless chunks (it says for carnitas on our cut here)..

I do pan fry the outside first..to just a brown, then toss in big crock pot and I get the envelope seasonings for marinade Weber? Chipotle I put two of them together with 1/2 cup of water, that is it!! cook all day and then use forks to shread!

I chop up potatoes and fry them to add to stretch

put on fried corn torts with white onions, cilantro and squeeze some lime and it will tantalize your taste buds!