Menu

Fellow bloggers...

I have had a blog make-over and changed the name of my blog from Out of Oz to Seven Steps Up. It would be helpful to get some feedback on my writing about the name change. Sometimes I write in phrases... like how I would talk if we were chatting. I am not sure if that detracts from the message or if it comes across the way it is in my mind and heart.

Thanks.

Does anyone have something special on their blog they'd like to share?

I hadn't thought of the music playing being a "no-no"...

Now that I think about it, only one of my favorite blogs has music come on...

So, is there a way to have the playlist and it just be there and not on automatic? That way is someone wanted to hear it, they could?

And... why is it a no-no, anyway? (Just wondering because I am not a seasoned blogger...) :)

So, is there a way to have the playlist and it just be there and not on automatic? That way is someone wanted to hear it, they could?

And... why is it a no-no, anyway? (Just wondering because I am not a seasoned blogger...) :)

Some people hate other people's music. Some computers get bogged down. Sometimes your kids leave the speakers on loud and it can be shocking.

Music should always be optional, because it can seriously slow down a system (especially an older one), it may not be compatible with every browser, your reader may have a sleeping child, they may be sensitive to noise, or a host of other reasons.

Honestly, if you have music you want people to hear, the best thing to do is make a post, page, or sidebar where you link to your favorite songs. It'll make your blog load much faster and be less fussy and more user-friendly.

Edited by smrtmama
"browswer" isn't a word