Menu

Poll: Do you display a picture of your wedding day?

Do you display your wedding photo?  

1. 1. Do you display your wedding photo?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ubiquitous Other

I do not, but soon might. My SIL just found a photo of their mom on her wedding day that DH remembers fondly. She is standing in front of a mirror and the photos is from the back of her looking at herself. It just so happened that our photographer caught a similar picture of me, so DH wants to get a hinged frame and put his mom's pic on one side, and mine on the other.

I don't, but not because I don't want to. We got an album full of pictures, so I didn't purchase any to frame, but when we were married a few years I thought I'd purchase one to have framed. Couldn't find the photographer.

He told us that before he'd dump the pictures we'd be notified in case we wanted to purchase, but we never heard from him. Makes me sad. I suppose I could see if I could get a photo out of the album to copy.

Do you have a "macro" setting on your digital camera? If you do, use macro to take a photo of your photo. Lay it flat, get in tight so that only the photo is showing (don't zoom!) and be careful not to have any glare. (I usually find a spot with bright but indirect lighting, and turn off the automatic flash.)

Depending on your camera's number of megapixels, you may be able to get a rather large print from the macro image. I've done this many times with vintage photos of ancestors, and it works like a charm. :)

HIH,

Lisa

I do have one black and white out. I really hate dated looking pictures though but my dress and his tux really could have been out of the 40's or something. Very simple and the photo was taken in a park in the evening so no funky background or anything.

My in-laws have wedding pictures of all 4 of their kids out and ours are the only ones that aren't hysterical to look at! :001_smile:

BTW - I was thinner and cuter too! ROFL - love it.

Do you have a "macro" setting on your digital camera? If you do, use macro to take a photo of your photo. Lay it flat, get in tight so that only the photo is showing (don't zoom!) and be careful not to have any glare. (I usually find a spot with bright but indirect lighting, and turn off the automatic flash.)

Depending on your camera's number of megapixels, you may be able to get a rather large print from the macro image. I've done this many times with vintage photos of ancestors, and it works like a charm. :)

HIH,

Lisa

Lisa, Thank you so much for this tidbit. I'm going to give it a try!