Menu

What would you do with the time?

I might spend the time at first cleaning /decluttering the house. And playing on the computer.

But I think I would make an effort to do something creative just for me, too. Such as write, paint, decorate, photograph.....and/or, do yoga, dance, garden, walk.

I also might catch up with friends.

I'd take the part time job that is currently on offer at the local toy library, and with any left over time, I would study! And probably clean the house and cook. Not that I don't do those things, but if I was the only one home, I'd be able to do a better job of it. I'm a "closet" cleaner. I don't like cleaning when anyone is looking. I'd also go on op-shopping trips, actually use the things I buy, and travel the city looking for ethnic grocery shops. Yum, yum.

:)

Rosie

I would get a lot of sewing done! I always have several projects underway and can imagine completing several with that kind of time. Sounds wonderful! Back when I had tat kind of free time but was supposed to take it easy( waiting for the birth of our first at home for two months) I taught myself how to knit and made lots of Christmas gifts.

Well, first I took a lot of downtime, slept as much as I could. Now I am slowly but surely working through my house trying to clean and declutter. Then I intend to finish painting and decorating. I am also hoping to finish a major aquarium project before we are in the heat of the holidays. Once I have recovered from the holidays, I plan to begin an intense self-education program. Of course, I am trying to fit in quite a bit of reading, and finally I have a few major projects (organizing my photos, etc.) that I have been putting off for years that I would like to finish.

Well, I would probably unashamedly waste the first week just piddling around, reading, resting... The second week I would catch up on school filing, grading, planning. After that I would join a gym and an oil or watercolor painting class. These are things I'd do if I had money to spare in addition to the time.

If money were tight, I might get a job to pay for some needed essentials and maybe for a fabulous family vacation next year.

Me too, Rosie. The only problem is no one thinks you do anything because they don't see you doing it. :D

We call it the Charlie Principle here, after the scene from 'Kate and Leopold' :D

I don't care, because if I want kudos for it, I'll just tell dh to tell me how good I am for doing x, y and z :tongue_smilie: He's into the Charlie Principle in a big way and is very sure to make sure I see him doing whatever it is he's done. :D

Rosie

I would clean, run, clean, read, clean, organize, clean. (I am very frustrated at my lack of housekeeping time right now :D ) Still that is way more time than I need to spend cleaning I would probably restart a hobby or two; scrapbooking, cross-stiching, sewing, I would probably bake but would avoid cooking. Do you get out of cooking dinner too? That would be the icing on the cake for me.:D

I would clean, run, clean, read, clean, organize, clean. (I am very frustrated at my lack of housekeeping time right now :D ) Still that is way more time than I need to spend cleaning I would probably restart a hobby or two; scrapbooking, cross-stiching, sewing, I would probably bake but would avoid cooking. Do you get out of cooking dinner too? That would be the icing on the cake for me.:D

What, no cleaning? ;):D

I usually cook on Sundays and pack dinners for the kids. I eat salads, and hubby eats out.

Edited by Mejane

What, no cleaning? ;):D

I usually cook on Sundays and pack dinners for the kids. I eat salads.

Oh, that would be awesome. (I should be cooking dinner right now :lol:, lately I am so not into it) Anyhow I came back because I thought of something else I would do and that is any home spruce up projects that have been neglected since, well, since we moved in.:tongue_smilie: I would be letting some paint fly for sure.:)