Menu

Anyone camp for Thanksgiving?

We used to go camping in the desert in Nevada over Thanksgiving. Such good memories. They would have a pitch in dinner at this warm springs we would camp at. I have no idea what was server.

I would make steak kabobs, bake potatoes, & grilled veggies. You don't need traditional food.

Have fun.

LOL! Chelle in MO. I use to live in MO--and you wouldn't have caught me camping there in Nov either. Actually, I don't know if there is a good time to camp there. Thankfully, we are in a warmer location right now. We will be camping in a wooded area within a 5 minute walk of the sand and surf of the Pacific Ocean.

For food---non of us are attached to turkey. I think I will be preparing alot ahead of time and then reheating it over the fire or on the grill.

LOL! Chelle in MO. I use to live in MO--and you wouldn't have caught me camping there in Nov either. Actually, I don't know if there is a good time to camp there. Thankfully, we are in a warmer location right now. We will be camping in a wooded area within a 5 minute walk of the sand and surf of the Pacific Ocean.

For food---non of us are attached to turkey. I think I will be preparing alot ahead of time and then reheating it over the fire or on the grill.

Ahhhhh, the 5 min. walk to the ocean sounds fabulous! We have a 5 min. walk to the LAKE when we camp! Not quite the same!

We like to camp in April and October--beautifully mild weather in Missouri (usually!). In fact, a little too warm when we went a few weeks ago.

Have fun!

Unless you're talking ice fishing or sleeping in an igloo....no, no camping here on Thanksgiving :lol: Not that I would camp anyway, without a fully-loaded camping trailer, complete with microwave, TV, heat/AC, toilet and shower, etc. but that's just me. A vacation with fewer amenities/conveniences than home does not appeal to me ;).