Menu

I feel better about the TV today

Curious George is the one show ds7 watches with any regularity. He comes up with an amazing amount of information on certain things, and I'll ask him, "Where did you learn that?" And he says, "Curious George." I don't know what they're doing on that show but they must be doing something right!

I was only letting him watch it because I knew it was totally innocent (no sarcastic kids, etc.) Didn't know he'd actually learn stuff-lol!

Curious George is the one show ds7 watches with any regularity. He comes up with an amazing amount of information on certain things, and I'll ask him, "Where did you learn that?" And he says, "Curious George." I don't know what they're doing on that show but they must be doing something right!

I was only letting him watch it because I knew it was totally innocent (no sarcastic kids, etc.) Didn't know he'd actually learn stuff-lol!

:iagree: My kids have learned so much from PBS shows. DS learned all of the material covered in the first several ETC books from watching The Electric Company! I am not generally a fan of tv, but I have to say that there is really decent stuff out there.

Yes, Curious George is a great show. DD6 tells me all sorts of things that she learns on there!

And DD3 is always spouting off amazing animal facts that she learned on Deigo. One time, when she was an early two year old, I was talking with older DD (then 5) about animals with hooves. I told her I think that llamas have hooves. DD2 says (very matter of factly) that llamas have padded feet.

I think I must have blinked, just staring at her.....then I had to look it up. And you know what? Llamas really do have padded feet.

Edited by ChristusG

LOL! I love it when the kids see/hear something mentioned from their recent schoolwork and their eyes pop out of their heads like, "Oh, so that IS a real thing!!"

We were watching an episode of Good Eats on the Food Network and it mentioned that Tokugawa Ieyesu loved Tempura and ate it often for most of his life. The kids could not believe it--we'd just studied that dude!! :D