Menu

The driller that drilled the hole for the miners to come out of

I was reading an article about him, he's one of the best in the world and it's a hard job and I thought to myself-I would be SO proud of my kid if that's what he did. If his talent is drilling holes and he gets so good at it he ends up being called to drill the hole for these trapped miners to come out of?

He spent the next 33 days on his feet, operating the drill that finally provided a way out Saturday for 33 trapped miners, CBS station KCNC-TV reports.

"You have to feel through your feet what the drill is doing; it's a vibration you get so that you know what's happening," explained Hart, a contractor from Denver, Colorado.

[snip]

Hart was called in from Afghanistan, "simply because he's the best" at drilling larger holes with the T130's wide-diameter drill bits, Stefanic said.

http://cbs4.com/cbsnational/trapped.chilean.miners.2.1955572.html

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16300365?source=rss_viewed

I mean, I know we all want our kids to excel at college, but I'd be just as happy if my kid was an excellent driller.

I mean, I know we all want our kids to excel at college, but I'd be just as happy if my kid was an excellent driller.

I agree with the Engineering comments, but I completely understand what you're saying - we say this to kid every day: the single most important thing in life is to be happy. If you are happy, the rest will fall into place.

a