Menu

Honeycomb shades and cats???

Please let me know if honeycomb shades will work in a home with two cats! I would like to get the top-down/bottom-up shades for our home office. We have six windows, all looking out on a wrap-around front porch. I'd like to be able to lower the shades using the top-down function so we can let in natural light without having our computer in full view. But undoubtedly the cats will push the shades aside to be able to look out sometimes. (No door on the office, so I can't keep them out.)

We used to have mini blinds which the cats didn't destroy when they climbed on the counters to look out the windows. Unfortunately, when we replaced the windows the mini blinds no longer fit. I'd really like to have shades this time as long as they're not too delicate for cats.

Thanks!

Maybe it's just my three cats, but I'm sure if I put honeycomb shades on a window they liked, I'd soon have honeycomb shades with tons of cat fur snared on the sides (from them nosing their way behind the shade). I'm not sure how those bottom-up shades work, though. Is there room for them to nose behind the shade to sit in the window?

Maybe it's just my three cats, but I'm sure if I put honeycomb shades on a window they liked, I'd soon have honeycomb shades with tons of cat fur snared on the sides (from them nosing their way behind the shade). I'm not sure how those bottom-up shades work, though. Is there room for them to nose behind the shade to sit in the window?

I can see how that might happen here. I guess I'd rather put up with the cat fur in order to have some privacy from the street. But I should probably keep that in mind when choosing a color so that a bit of fur isn't too noticeable!