Menu

I just spent 7 hrs in the ER

DH has had many many kidney stones (uric acid stones). He doesn't drink and he doesn't eat the foods that are typically link to them (anchovies, sardines, herring, mackerel, scallops, gravy, red meat, and organ meats). He drinks milk and lots and lots of water and takes gout medicine as that has been shown to reduce uric acid levels. It's quite frustrating that he continues to form them, and it always seems to be at the least opportune times.

He feels better today but the doc doesn't think the 8.5 mm stone will pass on it's own so we need to get in to a urologist on Monday if at all possible.

Poor guy.

First, Happy Anniversary! I can definitely relate to you because my husband has been dealing with kidney stones the past month. He had one surgery to get two stones from his left side. He had a stent put in after this surgery and it was worse pain than the stone. That lasted a week. He will have another surgery on Wednesday to shock wave the stone in the right kidney as it is too big to pass on its own. There will be no stent with this one. I told him I will be soooo glad when this is over and he is stone free, because I don't think I could take anymore!!LOL

My dh has had them as well so I hope your dh passes his soon.

I had to LOL at being inthe ER on your anniversary though. About 4 years ago my parens agreed to keep our son so dh and I could go out for our anniversary. When dh came home from work he noticed that the vent cover for the dryer had fallen off again. IT is located between our 2 floors. He climbed up a ladder in his slick soled work shoes and consequently fell off the ladder. I didn't even know he was home until I heard him fall. We then spent the entire evening in the ER waiting to find out if he broke his arm or not. :glare: And, we have not had a babysitter for our anniversary since then. :glare: