Menu

Dreading the start of our school year

I have been trying to slowly ease us back into our schedule but have been relatively unsuccessful. Now my self-imposed start date is at hand and I just don't want to do it. I don't want to listen to DS whine, complain, cry, and grump about the house. I don't want to have to (figuratively) sit on him to get him to do his work. I just don't want to do it. Yet sending him back to PS is not an option so I must.

I need a kick in the pants.

May I join you?

My girls started the things they had but not math or English yet. Now they're having a 2 week vacation at my parents. My boys are happily spending their days on the computer or playing with the neighbor boy.

I placed my RR order, which will probably arrive at the end of next week.

I have some books already. I started a list of what is needed for each subject (text, workbook, spiral notebook, whiteboard, etc).

I've been trying to make a schedule that accommodates all 5 students and flexes for the baby.

I just don't want to do this. And I can't put my finger on why.

The ps school here starts Tuesday. We will also. We will. We will.

:grouphug:

I understand how you feel. I was really dreading and feeling very anxious about beginning this year. :grouphug: It helped me to make it a serious matter of prayer AND a determination that my children would not be allowed to have a bad attitude about their work. It is a privilege and they should treat it as such.

That said, it has definitely gone better than I expected. Not perfect, by any means, but not has terrible as I first envisioned.

You can do it! The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.