Menu

Prayer request for some friends and their baby.

I have a friend from high school whose wife is pregnant. They found that she has cervical funneling (incompetent cervix) and so was sent in to have a cerclage stitched in. Unfortunately, when she got there they discovered a leak in the embryonic membrane. They were hoping the tear would heal itself, but it didn't. She was pregnant with twins, but one of them was born this morning. His heart was beating but he was not breathing. They named him Ike. :crying: She's only 22 weeks along.

She's now on magnesium sulfate to try to stop her contractions and keep the second twin from being born until they're ready. They are scared, and sad, and all the things that go along with a rotten situation like this. If you could pray for them, Ken, Megan and baby, I would appreciate it. She wants these babies so badly, and has gone through a lot to even get pregnant.

I'm sorry to have to report that Megan got an infection and they had to induce her this morning. Reylen Richard was born this morning and went to join his brother Ike in heaven. If you wouldn't mind keeping Ken and Megan in your prayers, this is going to be so, so awfully hard for them to deal with.

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers.