Menu

Has anyone tried U-Verse....for TV/internet/phone?

I have it and love it. We don't have an HD TV so the ads blasting their HD service are irrelevant to me. The TV is great, the internet service is great. No problems here.

We do have a landline phone of the old fashioned variety.

We have U-Verse and we are very happy with it. :) We have had both Direct TV and Dish, and for us, U-Verse wins hands down.

There is no dish at all with U-Verse. We don't have to worry about our TV going out when it rains or if the wind blows too hard which is what happened ALL the time with Direct TV.

So far, it is great! Many of our family and friends have switched to U-Verse as well and everyone is pleased with it so far. No problems to report! :)

We've had U-verse for 3 years. We had VOIP through them for the first two of those years. Last year we got everybody cell phones and dropped the phone service through U-verse.

We haven't had any problems at all with cable or internet through U-verse. We had problems all the time with Time Warner.

I thought their phone service sounded a little echo-y, but didn't have any other problems with it. There just wasn't any reason to keep it once all of us had cell phones.

My husband says it is the best picture we have ever had. We are paying $100.00 less than we were with the same bundled services we had at Comcast. I was also very impressed with the young man who installed everything, he did a great job.

We have had U-Verse for the past two years. I love that we aren't locked into a contract and we can change our package at any time... like adding the sports package during football season:D

The other little thing I love (and it is really little) is that there is no blank screen when you change the channel. My parents have Direct and when you change the channel, there is about 2 seconds of gray screen before the new show.

comcast vs Uverse...uverse wins customer service hands down. we were one of the first fiber optic neighborhoods in the Houston area so there were some bugs at first but they have been more than accomodating and have adjusted our bill multiple times. comcast hung up on me more than once while reporting problems.

i would pick uverse over comcast every time...but they'd better hurry up and get Fox Soccer Plus. for real.

Another happy u-verse customer here. We've had it for 9 months and haven't had any problem. My favorite part is the battery back-up so even when the power goes out I can get online on my laptop. That's very important for finding the phone # at the electric company! ;)

We have it and like it for the most part. We are big into HDTV and it isn't as good as Directv but I can live with it. I love LOVE love being able to record multiple shows at the same time.

The one downside to u-verse is that when it is "down" you have nothing! No tv, no (landline) phone and gasp - no internet. I did not enjoy that one bit but problems have been resolved fairly quickly.

We had U-verse. It's very expensive. I think we were paying $106/month for U-verse tv/dvr/etc., internet, and home phone.

Now we use Netflix ($9/month), a DVR PAL ($200 on ebay and no monthly fees), and have Comcast for internet and phone ($40/month).

I love saving the money.

We aren't big TV watchers, but dh likes to be able to record the news, etc. and watch it at his convenience.

HTH.