Menu

We had our First Day of School Today!

Mom_Abear

Your blog is soooooo cute! How did you get such a design? Did you do it all from scratch, or is it a theme?

I use Wordpress, and I do not like my theme. I want a totally cute one like yours. :confused: Not exactly like yours of course, just cute like yours. :D

As for your first day of school - awesome! Good job mom. I love your ideas.

Edited by JenniferB

Love it!

Can you explain how you tie-dye the shirts? Please? That looks like a ton of fun and we start school Monday....:D

Oh me too! Details on the tie dye please!

Thanks, Guys!

You can get the spray bottles for tie-dying at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Walmart, etc. Last year I bought several colors of spray together, and there were directions included. For "swirls" I just twist real tightly and then wrap a rubber band around. For the "stripes" I fold the bottom like an accordion so there will be strips that get paint and the insides will not.

It's really not near as big of a deal as the old way with the Rit dye. ;)

That sounds like such a great first day. Can you show a closer picture of your survey? That sounds like a great idea.

Also where did you find the back to school survey?

I was trying to upload the survey for others to see easily and to download if they wanted it. I was having a hard time with Scribd. :(

I made it last year in Excel. It has a place for age, grade, ht, wt, etc., a box for a self-portrait, and a line for a signature on one side. On the other side it has a Favorites section and then a few questions such as "What are you most excited about learning this year?," If you could meet a famous person, who would it be and why?," etc.

We have a lot going on this weekend, but if I can find a way to attach it for download to the blog soon, I'll post here for you all.

Thanks!

Thanks for the inspiration, your an amazing woman!!! May God bless all your efforts abundantly!!!

Your blog is soooooo cute! How did you get such a design? Did you do it all from scratch, or is it a theme?

I use Wordpress, and I do not like my theme. I want a totally cute one like yours. :confused: Not exactly like yours of course, just cute like yours. :D

As for your first day of school - awesome! Good job mom. I love your ideas.

Thanks, Guys! You are sweet!

Jennifer, I use blogger, and I also scrapbook digitally. It was fun for me to do it myself ... it's my creative outlet!

I don't know much about Wordpress ... except that lots of people have been making the switch to WP from blogger!!!

There are lots of blog designers that do custom designs. Darcy from My 3 Boybarians has a business (I think it's Graphically Designing ... or something close to that!) ... she does great work!

I was trying to upload the survey for others to see easily and to download if they wanted it. I was having a hard time with Scribd. :(

I made it last year in Excel. It has a place for age, grade, ht, wt, etc., a box for a self-portrait, and a line for a signature on one side. On the other side it has a Favorites section and then a few questions such as "What are you most excited about learning this year?," If you could meet a famous person, who would it be and why?," etc.

We have a lot going on this weekend, but if I can find a way to attach it for download to the blog soon, I'll post here for you all.

Thanks!

That would be amazing if you can get it to work! I want to homeschool at YOUR house!!! :D

I love the idea of the shirts as well.

Thanks, Guys!

You can get the spray bottles for tie-dying at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Walmart, etc. Last year I bought several colors of spray together, and there were directions included. For "swirls" I just twist real tightly and then wrap a rubber band around. For the "stripes" I fold the bottom like an accordion so there will be strips that get paint and the insides will not.

It's really not near as big of a deal as the old way with the Rit dye. ;)

Yes, I agree. It's much easier than it looks. I bought a kit from Michaels last summer with my 40% off coupon and it contained squirt bottles with the dye already in them! All I had to do was put down some plastic on our front lawn, help the kids twist and tie with rubberbands (included in kit) and let them squirt with the squirt bottles. I then had a large zip top bag with each child's name on it and put the shirts in these to go home in. The moms let them sit for 24 hours and rinsed, then washed. They turned out great and everyone loved it. Very simple and fun!

I never thought to use scrapbooking software to make a design to put on the shirts, though. Great idea!

Pam