Menu

Peaches

Blanch them for 30 seconds, then peel, slice and layer onto a sheet pan and freeze indivually and place in bags, or after slicing add sugar and place into recipe size portions in freezer bags. I also can them in jars and don't have to take up the freezer space. You could also make preserves. I love peach preserves. :001_smile:

Blanch them (makes the peels slip right off), slice or halve them, dip in citric acid solution (to keep color), freeze in a single layer on a cookie sheet (so they don't stick together), when frozen put in ziploc or foodsaver bag.

Peach halves are also really easy to can, and are super yummy, if you like canned peaches. They're like store-bought canned peaches, except about a million times better.

We like peaches for smoothies so I puree them with some high quality apple juice. Just enough juice so they puree smooth. Then I freeze the puree in quart size bags on cookie sheets so they are very flat. Once frozen, I stack them and remove the sheets. The puree lasts a couple of days at least in the fridge and we just pour some in the blender with ice and other frozen fruit for great smoothies in the winter. By pureeing them first they take up less space.

In a garbage bag..... no joke. I remember freezing two boxes like this... You just put the whole peach in it... and then when you want some, grab them out... pop under tepid water... and the skin just slips off... A whole fall of summer frozen peached. An incredible memory at a money poor time. (My dad was in Law School)

:)