Menu

Forms??? for student who wants more control over his schooling

My sophmore wants more control over his schooling. I have been trying to find forms for him and he doesn't like any of them. (Tried Donna Youngs and ChartJungle.com)...

Anybody made their own?? (that their student liked)

I have my own forms for keeping track of grading and such....

He wants his own stuff.

Holly

I purchased a student planner this year from CLE. It has a nice spiral binding on it. In the past, I have always just used an Excel spread sheet that I have printed up each week. However, this will have our entire year's worth of work listed in it when we are finished. It contains boxes for writing in assignments. Then there are little boxes within the boxes for checking off when the work is completed. He could fill in daily assignments himself.

Not sure if this is what you are wanting, but it's definitely "chart-y."

Weekly Schedule

Name:Grade:9Date:8/9-8/13

X

Subject

Assignments

IEW-C

Complete Weekly Checklist

Math

Complete 4 lessons each week (put in folder)

Do math drills/practice

Chemistry

Complete Lab, Chapter Questions, Review on Monday

Rosetta Stone

Complete 4 squares each day (4x a week)

Music

Practice 3 songs each week

Handwriting

Complete One sheet a day

History

Read aloud and discuss 3x a week

Grammar

Complete lesson sheets during the week, test on Friday. Group lesson on Monday.

Reading

Complete 50 pages of reading a day either from IEW assignment or your book list.

Notes:

This is how I created their weekly assignments, not sure if this is what you meant, but maybe he could create his own in Microsoft? I used available templates for forms and created my own...hth! Oh and the table/borders didn't show up but I have a table where they can check off what they've done...

Tara

Holly does he want some sort of lesson plans? I know my dd wants to know what each course requires ahead of time, and what's expected each day, because she's very organized and likes to know. Then she can decide when to work ahead in a subject in order to lighten her load for end of quarter exams or to allow for days off.

If this is what he wants, I would make something up together with him individually for each course, and he can check his progress himself and know when chapters need to be completed, papers or assignements are due and when tests are. I don't think it needs to be anything formal, but something that breaks the class down by semester or quarter, and then by week within that - if that's how you do yours.

Ask him what he wants, and let him work with you on putting it together. His wanting more control over his own schooling is great! :)

I think he wants both but decide when he will do them. sigh....

I have to find a form to use for him to go by and then another form for him to use to track everything. I know this is a long shot.

He doesn't like HST+ and I really do not have time to figure it out. I had it for 4 years and still haven't got it figured out.

Holly

IF he likes to write his plans down, you should check out the student planners through http://www.premier.us I just bought my 4th grader the Elementary Journey to Success & LOVE. It!! I write all my lesson plans down in his planner, he uses it to gather his materials each morning & brings me his work as it's completed. I check it immediately & mark it compplete in his planner. We're constantly shuffling the planner back & forth but I really like it because while he's working independently, I still feel like I have a good idea of where he's at without constantly asking how much more he has left (I don't like sounding naggy)...

Anywho! Check them out if you think he might like something like that! :)

HTH! :D

This is what my dd's summer schedule looks like. I don't have a new one for this year because we haven't started our new schoolyear yet. The summer schedule is much lighter than the schoolyear schedule.

schedule for August 9-13

Math - Kinetic Books Algebra II (your time will go up to 45 minutes when the new schoolyear starts)

M:30 min Tu:30 min W:30 min Th:30 min F:30 min

PSAT prep - do 20 minutes, 4x/week

20 min 20 min 20 min 20 min

Learn to program like a computer scientist - do 30 minutes, 4x/week

30 min 30 min 30 min 30 min

Visual Link Spanish - do 30 minutes, 4x/week

30 min 30 min 30 min 30 min

piano - do 20 minutes, 4x/week

20 min 20 min 20 min 20 min

IF he likes to write his plans down, you should check out the student planners through http://www.premier.us I just bought my 4th grader the Elementary Journey to Success & LOVE. It!!

Anywho! Check them out if you think he might like something like that! :)

HTH! :D

Thanks for this website!!!! Lots of neat things on there.

I do wonder if any uses this planner....what is your favorite? Esp for high school?

Holly

My sophmore wants more control over his schooling. I have been trying to find forms for him and he doesn't like any of them. (Tried Donna Youngs and ChartJungle.com)...

Anybody made their own?? (that their student liked)

I have my own forms for keeping track of grading and such....

He wants his own stuff.

Holly

I've always just made ours. You could have your son make his. :)