Menu

Is there any way to keep line-dried clothes from being stiff?

Guest Virginia Dawn

I've never been terribly troubled by the "stiffness" of line dried clothes. It seems to disappear after I've had the clothing on for 15 minutes or so, just from the body heat and action of wearing the clothes, I guess. There are a few things, like corduroy, that seem to need the "dryer fluff" technique, but otherwise, it's just never been a real issue for us. Maybe it's the sort of clothes we wear. ??

If you take them off the line as soon as they are dry, it helps a lot.

Yes it does. The other thing I do that I believe helps is to "snap" the item before you hang it on the line- as you take it out of the basket, shake it out, and make sure it makes a "snap" noise as you do. Especially necessary for towels, and jeans.

Yes it does. The other thing I do that I believe helps is to "snap" the item before you hang it on the line- as you take it out of the basket, shake it out, and make sure it makes a "snap" noise as you do. Especially necessary for towels, and jeans.

*SNAP!*....so that's the secret I had but didn't know I had! When my dh or my kids hang the laundry, it never comes out the same. Clearly they don't know about the SNAP! :D