Menu

Aaaarrrgghh! Help me please!

EmmaNZ

I have just added in a few more subjects for my ds every week (entering 1st grade - ish!). In order to keep track of it all I want to write a timetable for the week, and use the same form to check-off what we have done. I don't really want to sit down and plan in advance though. It would be handy to have a space at the bottom to record what the younger ones have been up to as well. If I don't have any accountability for myself the chances are things will get skipped.

Anyway, I've been at it for HOURS and I can't manage to get anything close to what I need. Can anybody help me (for the sake of my sanity) with ideas/share their own forms?

Thanks so much!

I'm new at this so I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but I'm going to use this weekly planner. It's the one labeled "basic unlabeled weekly" on this page:

http://donnayoung.org/forms/planners/planner.htm

I plan to just put little check marks on it as we complete it. In the bottom section where it says "notes" maybe you could jot down what your little ones are doing?

I'm just doing mine a week at a time until I get a feel for my son's pace and how much we do or don't get accomplished with my very active toddler around. :tongue_smilie:

I second the Donna Young.

As an alternative, the teacher supply stores sell a nice teachers planner with 5 columns for M-F, and then varying numbers of sections within the columns. They are pre-dated and include school holiday dates etc, plus term overviews. You could put aside 1-2 sections for making notes about the youngers, and the rest for your DS. I found it perfect for my first couple of years when I was teaching one and just making odd notes about the others.

Edited by keptwoman

I am using another Donna Young form. I believe it is Checklist II. I wrote the subjects across the top with the times per week in (). Then you have the date going down the page. She meant it to be a checklist but I am putting an E(xcellent),S(atisfactory), NS in each box because my state requires grades. I also have a weekly schedule I made for myself in word so I know the "flow" that I intend for the day.

This is what our weekly (actually it is two weeks) planners look like.

I made it in a database so I can easily add or remove rows. Each kid has their own and every two weeks I plan for the next two. I write the assignments in the first blank. So under Math I might write

SM 3A 3-5 pages/day p. 35

Meaning in Singapore Math 3A Miles has to do 3-5 pages each day starting on page 35. Then under each day I write what he gets done. So if he did 35-38 on Monday, I'd write that under Day 1.

Using Day 1 works better than Monday for us, because it leaves our week more flexible.

miles2.pdf

miles2.pdf

On that same linked Donna Young page, I'm using the 2 page weekly calendar. The squares are larger than the basic and there is a memorandum column on the far right where one can make notes :)

This is the one I use too. :D

I print it out front and back of the pages, so that when I open it up in my binder the whole weeks is right there - then I pencil the things in that we do and make notes about our week on the right hand side.

Thanks a lot ladies - looks like I need to check out Donna Young.

HSLover - Isn't HST+ a lot of work just for one ds in first grade? I assume you think it's worth the effort getting set up? Would HST (the free version) be just as good?

I use an M.A.R (medication administration record), here is a sample:

http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/printshop/gifs/med/me545mh.gif

since I need 7 days a week. The days of the month go across the top and the subjects go down the left side. I put a simple check for handwriting (always one page), or a hash mark for one "session" of reading, so I can put two hashes in if we do it twice in a day. For math, science, etc, I write in minutes done. I keep track of books done at the top, and make notes about funny or exceptional things kiddo did on the back.

For a K or pre-K, you could use a couple lines on the bottom and make checks.

HTH

If this is at all helpful, this is a weekly checklist I created for my kindergartener. It's really for my own benefit, to make sure I don't forget anything. I just pencil in when I plan the week (usually the weekend before, LOL!) what exactly we're going to be doing, but this way I make sure each category is covered at the rate it needs to be.

Here's a link to mine: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0VmcuKE8sKaY2VlMzI2ZmUtZmU4Mi00MmU5LTkzNWUtY2UwYTA5NjkwOGVi&hl=en&authkey=CN3NllY