Menu

I need motivation to start school!!!!

I'm really struggling with starting up the new school year. My recent health issues have past, but I'm still struggling. Honestly, I'm not sure what my problem is!!!! I have all my curriculum....I'm just struggling :confused:

Sooooo....any thoughts? When do you guys start?

Start out light! We do bare-bones schooling for the summer months, mostly focusing on math/Latin/grammar, with lots of hands-on art, science, and fun history projects. We don't do every subject every day, and I try to be flexible when the yard beckons. We started back a few weeks ago and I have added just a bit more structure each week so that they don't even notice it.

I thought I'd be able to school during the summer, but it's just not working. If I have anything else planned in the day, it messes up homeschooling. For example, if we're going to play in the sprinkler in the yard, or go to the pool, somehow the hsing never gets done.

I have to hs during the school year and make sure NOTHING else is planned on a hs day. I treat it like a job working for a company. I have set hours to school and we stick to it, as if I had a boss. If I don't treat it like that, I get lazy.

So, with my limits, I am going to wait to start school at the traditional times (what all my son's friends are in school and not coming over to play), and we're going to run all our errands on weekends.

If you need help starting up for the year, then do what the others have said. Start with just one or two subjects for a few weeks.

We started last Monday. I am motivated to start, because I know that the sooner we start, the sooner we finish and the more days we can take off during the year for fun stuff that comes up. I can't stand to feel like I am behind or struggling to finish.

What also helps is to pick a date to start school so you can start to get it in your mind that you will start on X day. I wasn't super excited to start this year as summer has been quite nice, but I knew when I planned to start and stuck with it.

I "had" planned to begin the first week of July with an hour a day and add 30 minutes per week until September.:tongue_smilie: Ugh.... we have not done a single thing yet.

This morning I told myself , "Today is teacher work day". I need to pull books from last year off shelves and get the new stuff organized. I need to make a list of school supplies and a bunch of other stuff. I did not do anything.:tongue_smilie:

I've had a bit of a headache all day and napped over two hours. I hope I'm not getting sick.:confused:

I don't have a plan at this moment. But we will do school this year!:D