Menu

What's the best kind of dry erase marker?

I like expo brand (the black does tend to smear more and you have to clean the board more frequently)

the expo cleaner is pretty cheap.

I also like the thinner markers

Lara

:iagree: Last year I purchased some thin line Expos and another brand (can't think of it now). I was trying for a variety of colors. The other brand was completely worthless, but my Expos are still great.

I have always used Expo, but we've really been getting sick of how quickly they dry up. We usually have four in our box, and have to keep switching back and forth among all of them before we finish what we're doing, because after only a short time with the cover off, they don't write anymore! By the time we've cycled through the other 3, the first one has "rested" enough to work...for a minute! Drives us nuts! (This is on lap-sized boards on the table, so it's not an issue of gravity at work with a board on the wall). I think this problem is worse with the low-odor than the regular.

Anyway, I recently discovered Bic brand markers, and they are working great. We never have to switch markers mid-task. Their colors aren't as exciting, and they do have a bit more odor than the Expo low-odor, but not enough to be bothersome.

HTH,

:iagree: Last year I purchased some thin line Expos and another brand (can't think of it now). I was trying for a variety of colors. The other brand was completely worthless, but my Expos are still great.

That other brand might have been Rose Art. I usually avoid Rose Art products because they're not as good as the other brand of whatever the product is. But for dry erase I like Rose Art because they have a lower "low odor" than the Expo. The fumes from Expo give me a headache, but I can deal with the fumes from Rose Art. And they have pretty colors.

Cinder

fwiw, I saw dry erase crayons from Crayola the other day :tongue_smilie:

I like white board crayons, but they do wear down quickly and you have to rub hard to get them off the white board.

Kim

The Crayola Dry Erase Crayons are very hard to rub off (the cloth that comes with them is just about worthless). BUT! a wet wipe and these crayons is wonderful! The colors are good and bright, they rub off clean and the added pressure it takes to write (as opposed to markers) is great for dd3.

FWIW: The Melissa and Doug crayons are not worth the money in my opinion.