Menu

Anybody have a School Handbook by Southwestern salesperson on their steps?

She said she'd leave us in a good mood either way, but I feel annoyed and bummed. I guess I've never experienced a door-to-door sales person before. So, the product sells for $800, but you can buy them on ebay for a lot less.

So, does anyone have a set? Is it worth picking up on ebay?

Never heard of them, so I checked ebay. I can't imagine that they are worth $800!! That is way to much money to gamble on.

I can't stand door-to-door salespeople. I won't even talk to them! If I want something I'll find it on my own. I don't want them trying to "sell" me on something I don't need or want. Grrrr.....

I got snuckered into buy a set of these several years ago and for less than that. Needless to say, I never used them and ended up selling them to a used bookstore for nothing. They looked really interesting at the time, but they were not useful for us. Not a good investment, you could buy a great encyclopedia set for that much money.

That is the same company. I feel bad for the sales people. She would have put me in a much better mood if she hadn't asked so many direct questions. Maybe if I wasn't a homeschooler I wouldn't have minded questions about where my kids go to school! LOL!

The 800 dollars included 11 DVDs, ACT prep software, online help or something and then the eight books. Still WAY too much money.

I talked to the nicest young man selling those years and years ago. He was from Germany, and this was his summer job, a way for him to afford to travel in the US. He happened to open a volume to a particular politician whom I despise, and then I checked to see which famous persons were in this book and realized they were not for me. When I gave the poor young man my reasons, he looked genuinely confused, and apologized. Poor guy. I don't think he was anticipating that reaction to the books, and he didn't have a comeback.

We had a young man in our area a couple of weeks ago. I felt sorry for him and gave him some water. It was brutally hot and he was lugging these books around. I looked at his books and told him that we wouldn't need any of it because we were homeschoolers and already had curriculum. He was telling me about a new-fangled math book that has the problems illustrated and fully explained. I told him that wasn't anything new. He seemed depressed. Poor kid...he is selling a set of dinosaurs IMO.

She said she'd leave us in a good mood either way, but I feel annoyed and bummed. I guess I've never experienced a door-to-door sales person before. So, the product sells for $800, but you can buy them on ebay for a lot less.

So, does anyone have a set? Is it worth picking up on ebay?

That is the same company. I feel bad for the sales people. She would have put me in a much better mood if she hadn't asked so many direct questions. Maybe if I wasn't a homeschooler I wouldn't have minded questions about where my kids go to school! LOL!

The 800 dollars included 11 DVDs, ACT prep software, online help or something and then the eight books. Still WAY too much money.

If you don't seriously want/like them now, I don't think you'll grow to like them 6 months from now. I've talked to several young folks that were *very* good salespeople but I don't buy the books. I have waaaaay too many real books on my list!

Lisa