Menu

Minivan, decision made and we went with . . .

We love ours too! Although we bought it used and I would have liked another color..

FWIW - my family are big car buffs (I have always been a Dodge girl) so when looking for a mini-van I wanted a Caravan. So, we test drove that in comparison to the KIA (w/kids along for the ride). After the comparisons my ds now has a new phrase/motto he sings out whenever we pass a Caravan ..

:lol:"You may have stow'n'go, but we have the get up 'n' go":lol:

The LX and EX Sedona models both have the rear "well" and split 3rd/fold in the floor feature - is that what the Caravan says is their "stow'n'go"?

The Caravan had compartments in the 2nd row floor board. It's a great option that I really wanted but I think overall the room of the KIA even won out over the Caravans 2nd row Stow'n'Go. (the price definitely didnt hurt)

We are proud Kia Sedona owners here too! I absolutely LOVE my van!!

I owned a Plymouth Grand Voyager for 12 years before buying my Sedona. I "thought" I loved the Voyager until I got my Sedona. Now that I have the Sedona I can't even imagine going back to my old van.

We have owned ours a little over 2 years now and we haven't had a bit of trouble with it. We had one pulley that had to be replaced (covered by the warranty) but besides that it runs and performs like a dream. :001_smile:

No regrets here. ;)

Congratulations and enjoy your new ride!!

YAY!

I have an Hyundai Entourage which is basically the same thing now. I lurve it sooooooo much.

And on the "Stow 'n go" thing, what we heard and experienced first hand is that in order to make those middle seats fold down into the floor they are thin and quite uncomfortable. Of course a kid in a car seat wouldn't notice, but I often sit in the middle on long trips when we take MIL along and wouldn't have been able to stand it.

Good for you!

• 3 weeks later...

HEY GIRLFRIENDS!!!

Guess what DDDDDDDDH* bought for me/us/our family/the kids' sporting equipment?!?!?!

You got it! A 2010 Sedona.

After the drunk driver totalled DH's Sportage, we've been knocking around the idea of getting a used Sedona vs. a new Sedona.

Well, we got $5000 off the sticker price of a new Sedona plus a cheaper loan rate so it became an easy decision.

I am nervous driving it, though. I've never had a brand new car. :auto:

*dear, darling, delightful, delicious;), delovely, dreamy, daring, dazzling husband :D

I will be looking to buy a new mini-van next year... my biggest concern is quality of interior because my boys are hard on things. When I read the reviews, the kia review stated that the interior was not as good quality. So, those of you who love yours, please tell me about it... how long have you had it and/or how do you think it will hold up to 4 boys (11-13 in age) piling in and out with their tennis shoes going all over the place? I love all the comments about it, otherwise...