Menu

How would you go about selling this?

We very much need to declutter and get rid of stuff. We have a large, solid wood (very heavy!) L-shaped desk that we would love to sell. We tried to sell it before we moved a year ago, but no one was interested (listed on Craig's list). Now it is in a storage unit, in pieces and I would really, really like to finally sell it. I lost the picture I had taken of it to sell last time due to a computer crash. So how can I sell something that in this situation? I do not have the space to put it back together for a photo. Ideas?

We very much need to declutter and get rid of stuff. We have a large, solid wood (very heavy!) L-shaped desk that we would love to sell. We tried to sell it before we moved a year ago, but no one was interested (listed on Craig's list). Now it is in a storage unit, in pieces and I would really, really like to finally sell it. I lost the picture I had taken of it to sell last time due to a computer crash. So how can I sell something that in this situation? I do not have the space to put it back together for a photo. Ideas?

If you have any consignment shops in the area, that would be one route to try.

How much were you asking for it when it didn't sell with a photo?

Take some pictures of the individual pieces, post it on Craigslist again. I have bought a desk that had the hutch off, it wasn't hard to visualize it.

Or pull it out of storage, assemble it, take a pix and hope it sells while it is still assembled.

I would go to the effort to get it out of storage (you'll have to do that anyway, right, to sell it?), take new photos and try craigslist again.

Also look into furniture consignment (resale) stores in your area.

If either of those do not work, I would donate it and take the tax deduction. Honestly, unless it's going to sell for over maybe $150, you should be able to make up that amount of money by cutting back in other areas for a while (ie, renting a smaller storage space?).

I would go to the effort to get it out of storage (you'll have to do that anyway, right, to sell it?), take new photos and try craigslist again.

Also look into furniture consignment (resale) stores in your area.

If either of those do not work, I would donate it and take the tax deduction. Honestly, unless it's going to sell for over maybe $150, you should be able to make up that amount of money by cutting back in other areas for a while (ie, renting a smaller storage space?).

put the picture in the ad and explain how the real desk is similiar to the one pictured.

On our craigslist, unless the desk is very nice wood and great appearance, desks are a dime a dozen.

lisaj