Menu

Printers/copiers??

mama27

Can you list what printer/copier you use, how much you paid for it and how much the ink is AND how many copies you can make with it?

I have a HP Deskjet F2430 printer,scanner,copier. We only paid 30.00 for it BUT the ink is this wee, little bit of ink that "supposedly" prints 200 pages for 15.00.

Tammy

We have an Epson Stylus NX300. I think we paid about $100 for it last summer. They have newer models available now for about the same price though. Ink cartridges for it are about $13-14 at Walmart (it has separate ones for each color, which I love). It has both a flad bed & sheet fed copier, and also a fax, which we don't use. I like it a lot and use it all the time.

I have a good friend that has been trough several printers and has done a ton of research. She says that ANY Kodak printer is going to give you the most copies per page for the amount of ink/cost of ink.

When I get ready for a new printer, I'm going to go with a Kodak. I have been using a Cannon and it sucks the ink! I'm switching back to my HP since it's a little better.

Brother 2140 laser printer. Just got it 2 weeks ago for $79.99 free shipping. The toner that came with it is supposed to last 1000 pages. I found a refurbed toner cartridge for $25 that is supposed to last 2500 pages. It doesnt copy.

I also own an HP inkjet that is a scanner/fax/copier. but it is an ink hog and I hate it. I pay $10 for refurbed refills for it and it lasts about 200 pages if I am lucky. I use this for copying.

We have an HP 6500 all-in-one wireless. I believe we paid about 150.00 for it. It came with ink. There are 4 ink cartridges, 3 color, one black. You can buy 2 sizes in the black, one is around $15-$18, the larger one $30. You can get 500 -100 copies out of each respectively. The color cartridges cost around $15. each and last for about 500 pages, much longer when you're not printing exclusively in that color.

We've had the printer for over a year and just ran out of the 2nd round of color cartridges. We print most things on fast draft and mostly black. My dh uses the printer for business too so we go through the black more quickly.

I like this printer because it has a flat bed and sheet fed copier, can copy on fast draft, and mostly because it's wireless.

We have a cannon all in one laser printer.

We started with an epson. It was just ok. The images were not great, and the cartridges were $$$.

Then we had a cannon all in one ink jet...very good printer, but the ink cartridges $$$$$. Images were perfect!

Then we bought into the Kodak ink jet because of it's cheaper ink cartridges. What a disaster!!!! Sure the ink cartridges were cheaper, but the printer had so many bugs that you wasted 1/2 the ink cleaning the heads trying to get it to work. We also had to replace the head a few times. This was when it was brand new. And every time you printed it would print a couple of pages and then send you an error message that would stall the printer. If you got it to clear the error, it would start the print job from the beginning. Waste of ink again! It also would never print the first page if you were printing more than one page. You had to go back and print the first page by itself. It was such a LEMON!

So we went back to cannon and got a laser. We still have our ink jet that we can use for photo printing as the laser is not as good for photo quality. I am talking, look like you got a print at a photo developing place, not color print on regular paper. It does just fine with regular color printing.

I have this brother 7040 series and love it. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Brother+-+Black-and-White+Multifunction+Laser+Printer/+Copier/+Scanner/8794717.p?id=1205537534353&skuId=8794717 I get my toner refills from ebay for $8.00 which gives me over 1500+ copies. I networked this printer on my windows xp, windows 7 and Linux machines with no problems.

Great purchase.

HTH,

Penny